Klarus        
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Convoy Lights: Option Comparison Tables and Images

Default Re: Convoy Lights: Option Comparison Tables and Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    If a light had a built-in low voltage cutoff, I'd want it to be set to a very low level: 2.6V, for example, to allow a tolerance band above the 2.5V minimum that seems to have become a de-facto standard among new Li-Ion cells lately.

That would give me the option of running a cell right down in an emergency, if I had no other choice. I find myself imagining a nightmare scenario where I'm changing over to my last backup light or spare cell, drop it and can't find it again, so I have to carry on with whatever a near-depleted cell can give me.
    I have mixed feelings about this. I understand your point, though. For someone like you, who knows to toss a battery that becomes severely over-discharged, what you describe is good. The Convoy S2+ gives you the choice to ruin a battery in an emergency.

The downside is that most purchasers of Li-ion batteries are not as careful or knowledgeable as you. More significantly, even experts make mistakes.

One highly experienced CPF member, for instance, who proudly switched to unprotected batteries a couple of years ago, recently got into trouble. His ZebraLight SC62w was in a jacket pocket in the back seat of his car. The light was accidentally activated when he briefly sat on the jacket, and since he moved to the front seat, he never noticed that the light was on. He found out the next day, by which time the battery was depleted. The only thing that prevented an over-discharge was the low-voltage cutoff circuit built into the SC62w. It turned off his flashlight for him. If he had been using a light that did not have a cutoff, he surely would have over-discharged his unprotected cell.

Now multiply by 2 billion people in the developed countries of the world. Lots of them own Li-ion flashlights. Lots of them will have similar accidents.

How real is the hypothetical case you make out? For you, probably not very real at all. You carry backup flashlights, and perhaps batteries, as well. You would have to be in a real SHTF situation before all your light was gone.

What about the same 2 billion people I cited earlier? For them, it's a different story. I bet there are many of them who would blithely let their battery run low when they had no backup at all!

So, like I said, I have mixed feelings.
    Last edited by KeepingItLight; 12-03-2015 at 01:08 AM.
    Prince plays George Harrison's masterpiece While My Guitar Gently Weeps. R.I.P.
    Great vocals & guitar by LeAnn Rimes & Joss Stone as they cover Gershwin's Summertime.

"Optimize for the most common case" = protect battery against dumb or careless behavior from users. Which goes nicely with "err on the safe side".

Personally I think a clear warning (flashing) -> step down to a really low mode (so light can still be used somewhat) -> switch off when battery is further discharged to a point where battery damage may occur.

I'd argue about what is sensible cut-off points (or how to measure state of charge). Not about whether it's sensible to have those cut-offs.
    Last edited by RetroTechie; 12-03-2015 at 03:07 AM.

I love the low voltage warning at 3.0V ! I always search fpr such lights because i can give those to my father as well and the blinking once the light hits 3.0V is perfect. We can always contruct wild emergency situations but you can always use a new battery or use a fully loaded cell every day. 2.5V would be much to low, i heard its bad for the cell when you discharge them so much.

Flashaholic*

I think we're all actually closer to agreement than it seems. I'm an engineer, safeguarding the unsuspecting user is part of the job.

I like the way that the Convoy S2+ provides a low voltage warning at 3.0V 0.1V, then continues to produce usable light down to 2.5V. I handle the lack of a low voltage cutoff by using a protected cell.

I'd be fine with a built-in low voltage cutoff as well, I just want it to be set to a very low level. I suggested 2.6V in my previous post, because most currently available protected cells seem to trip at 2.5V, which would be 2.6V 0.1V, allowing Convoy the same tolerance as they're already using for the existing low voltage warning.

In common with most Li-Ion specific flashlights, the Convoy S2+ barely produces any light at 2.5V, so a low voltage cutoff at 2.6V would safeguard people using unprotected cells whilst still leaving me something like 90% of the current emergency rundown capability. That's a tradeoff I'd be happy to make.

What I don't want is a light that triggers a low-voltage warning at 3.2V and then shuts down completely at 3.0V, for example, despite the cell still being capable of two more hours in low mode without compromising safety.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepingItLight View Post
    How real is the hypothetical case you make out? For you, probably not very real at all. You carry backup flashlights, and perhaps batteries, as well. You would have to be in a real SHTF situation before all your light was gone.
    I am Phlogiston, Archpriest of Murphy! Tremble before me and my Staff of Chaos!

Yes, that really is what I call my blind person's cane. You would not believe the cascading accidents I can set in motion

Normally, I'm kitted out for the zombie cat flu asteroid Apocalypse, but I have been known to jump into a friend's car to go for a walk somewhere on a nice summer evening with no jacket and no backpack. In that sort of scenario, I'll be carrying two lights and no spare cells.

The first light I'll use with gay abandon until I run out of power, the second one I'll be a lot more circumspect with. So far, so good.

Now, in the old days when I was driving, I had to change plenty of tyres at the side of the road in less than ideal conditions. Think about how often people drop their keys - or their phones - down a storm drain, then imagine that tyre change on the way back home, in the dark, with the backup light. Plop. Oops.

Not desperately likely, but neither is over-discharging a Li-Ion cell (for me, at least). I consider the ability to run a cell right down to be just as valuable to me as the low-voltage cutoff would be. That's especially true when I add up all the "not desperately likely" scenarios I can think of and arrive at "actually, something like that is going to happen to me sooner or later."

In short, emergency rundown capability and low-voltage cutoff both represent extra lines of defence against different scenarios. I just don't want to completely sacrifice one for the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielsan View Post
    2.5V would be much to low, i heard its bad for the cell when you discharge them so much.
    2.5V isn't actually that bad, as long as you recharge the cell ASAP. It will shorten the service life of the cell, though, so it wears out sooner. You can lose several normal charge-discharge cycles for every deep discharge. That's why I only do it when I have a good reason (like investigating how one of my lights handles it).

Reputable manufacturers like Panasonic rate their cell capacities by discharging to 2.5V. They wouldn't get away with that if it weren't safe to do so, so I'm comfortable with it on that basis.

Leaving a cell lying around for several days at 2.5V is a bad idea, however. If I ever come across one of my cells at 2.5V and I don't know how long it's been in that state, it'll be going straight to recycling.
    Phlogiston is the main constituent of Magic Smoke.

Flashaholic*

Just noticed that the Convoy S2+ Green is now available from the manufacturer's store (Shenzhen Convoy Electronics) on AliExpress.

There's also a new L2 variant with an XPL HI LED in it

Just ordered the newest S2+ grey.
    According to Simon's note on Shenzhen Convoy Electronics "the new version S2+ gray, the color of tailcap is black and a little change with the hole in the tail."
    http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...20Grey%202.jpg
    I hope to receive the much more attractive black tailcap rather then the previous florescent green. And the double hole will work perfectly with a lanyard which I prefer to use. The single hole causes the lanyard to interfere with a stable tail-stand. Subtle, but noticeable improvements.

Flashaholic*

GearBest are running a special deal on the Convoy S2+ UV light for USD $19.10. That gets it in under the customs limit for the UK (GBP 15, currently about USD $20.50) and various EU countries (up to EUR 22, currently about USD $23.50).

Posted as a "Good Deals" thread here.

WARNING: If you're interested in getting a UV light, you will need to take very careful safety measures (read this and check Google as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    GearBest are running a special deal on the Convoy S2+ UV light for USD $19.10. That gets it in under the customs limit for the UK (GBP 15, currently about USD $20.50) and various EU countries (up to EUR 22, currently about USD $23.50).

Posted as a "Good Deals" thread here.

WARNING: If you're interested in getting a UV light, you will need to take very careful safety measures (read this and check Google as well).
    I watched it last week but I hesitated. But at this price, I think it's a good buy. Just ordered my first Convoy. Now, I want a L6 XP-L HI. Thank you Phlogiston.🙂
    Sorry for my english. Acebeam k70, Armytek Predator -Dobermann Pro V3 XP-L HI and XHP35, Barracuda Pro V2 XP-L HI, Tiara A1 Pro V2 and C1 Pro V2, Wizard Pro V3 XHP50 and XPL, Partner C4 Pro v3 XHP35, Nitecore TM26, TM16GT, MH20, P12GT, SKYRC MC-3000..+++

Phlogiston says "I like the way that the Convoy S2+ provides a low voltage warning at 3.0V 0.1V, then continues to produce usable light down to 2.5V" Can someone tell me what that low voltage warning at 3.0V looks like. Also does the light close down below 2.5V ? I'm using hybrid Panasonic NCR18650 batteries which should be relatively safe but are unprotected. Also, does the same apply to my Convoy C8 ? Thanks in advance for any info in this regard.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Rob420 View Post
    Phlogiston says "I like the way that the Convoy S2+ provides a low voltage warning at 3.0V 0.1V, then continues to produce usable light down to 2.5V" Can someone tell me what that low voltage warning at 3.0V looks like. Also does the light close down below 2.5V ? I'm using hybrid Panasonic NCR18650 batteries which should be relatively safe but are unprotected. Also, does the same apply to my Convoy C8 ? Thanks in advance for any info in this regard.
    The low voltage warning is a steady flash at 1 or 2 Hz, ie. one or two flashes every second. The light keeps doing that until you change the cell or run out of power. It also steps down to its lowest output mode. As long as you don't leave the light unattended, you can't miss it.

I don't know what happens below 2.5V, because I used a protected cell for the test, and it tripped out at 2.5V. I wouldn't do that test with an unprotected cell, just in case I made a mistake and let it run too far.

For safety's sake, assume that the light does not cut off at all, not even below 2.5V.

You'll find an older post I wrote here with everything I know about the Convoy S2+ in low voltage operation.

I don't have a Convoy C8, but any Convoy light using the same driver should have the same behaviour. There's a list of all the Convoy lights I know about with that driver in the first post of this thread (check the section marked Applicability), and the C8 is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by gyzmo2002 View Post
    I watched it last week but I hesitated. But at this price, I think it's a good buy. Just ordered my first Convoy. Now, I want a L6 XP-L HI. Thank you Phlogiston.��
    You're very welcome
    Last edited by Phlogiston; 01-30-2016 at 05:39 PM. Reason: improved clarity.

Phlogiston, thank you for the quick, detailed and understandable response. In combination with your previous post I now have a clear and reassuring idea how this light reacts at low voltage. I've hesitated to run the battery down to this point and topped-up between uses. Now I’m more confident in using the light to the warning. Solid and valuable info.

Flashaholic

Add my thanks, Phlogiston. I have been ramping up to buying an S2/S2+/S3 for a while but the choices are a little overwhelming. Your post makes it easy, and I will wait til Simon's store is back online and order one. Or two. And maybe one in 16340.

I also agree with your ideal modes in Post #30.
    Matt Cook

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Rob420 View Post
    Phlogiston, thank you for the quick, detailed and understandable response.
    Quote Originally Posted by IamMatt View Post
    Add my thanks, Phlogiston. [...] Your post makes it easy, [...]
    I consider these to be very high compliments

All of the information I've posted in this thread was information I wanted to know for myself, then posted in the hope that it would be useful to others. I very much appreciate it when you - and the others who have expressed their thanks in this thread - let me know that you've found it helpful.

Thank you all for that

Quote Originally Posted by IamMatt View Post
    I also agree with your ideal modes in Post #30.
    Actually, thinking about that again has prompted me to notice something interesting - the BLF A6 comes quite close to the Group 2 I proposed. If you take the 30-second turbo mode to be 100% at 1350lm, you get:

Proposed % 1% 5% 15% 40% 100%
    Proposed lm 13.5 67.5 202.5 540 1350
    Closest BLF A6 Mode lm 11.8 71.0 197.6 450.0 1351

The BLF A6 mode levels are based on the 7-step mode group and this post by ToyKeeper on BLF. You also get a moonlight mode, an 850lm mode and some disco modes into the bargain. However, it does cost 50% more than a Convoy S2+, and it gets hot on the constant 850lm & 30-second turbo modes.

My A6s and my custom Convoy X3 body with A6 electronics have become my most used lights these days. My stock Convoy S2+ lights, being lower powered, are reserved for use as additional worklights, or for the people around me who don't have the experience to handle hot lights.
    Last edited by Phlogiston; 02-13-2016 at 11:12 AM. Reason: tidied up table.

been following this thread. Sure the A6 is impressive with amazing output but doesnt this light get so hot on turbo that one couldnt handle it without gloves? For the rock bottom costs that Convoy is able to make their lights at couldnt they have nearly tripled the thickness of the aluminum on top of having the biggest copper heatsink that could be stuffed into the light?

I follow both forums and feel that a true forum light representative of the other major light forum(BLF)should be a close copy of the kickstarter Alpha titanium/carbon fiber light that is being built from ideas and input on CPF for way less than half the price of the Alpha. Materials would be different but the heatsinking would be insane. The Alpha being developed here on CPF has looks to have the most superior heat sinking materials and venting design I have ever seen on a 1x18650 light. A BLF version of the Alpha would run 50 bucks, be made of thick metals and have their own take on the Alphas incredible heat vents.

As for the BLF A6 Ive read to many reports of bad copies of the light to buy one. Convoy seems to have been caught off guard for the demand for the lights and seems to be making them as fast as they can at the costs of seemingly passing any defects.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by CelticCross74 View Post
    As for the BLF A6 Ive read to many reports of bad copies of the light to buy one. Convoy seems to have been caught off guard for the demand for the lights and seems to be making them as fast as they can at the costs of seemingly passing any defects.
    I must make it clear that the BLF A6 is not made by Convoy. It is in fact made by Manker.

I only intended the A6 as an example of a light that comes close to supplying the particular mode spacing that IamMatt and I happen to favour. Of course, bringing it up in a thread dedicated to Convoy lights left room for confusion; I apologise for that.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticCross74 View Post
    [...] Sure the A6 is impressive with amazing output but doesnt this light get so hot on turbo that one couldnt handle it without gloves? [...]
    The A6 automatically steps down from turbo after 30 seconds, so you can feel it getting warm, but it's not on turbo long enough to get hot unless you manually step it back up again.

The thing you do have to watch is if you're using it on the 850lm mode, which does not step down. You can only get away with 850lm for 2 or 3 minutes at 20C ambient, then it starts to get hot and you have to step it down manually to a lower mode.

This is basically the same caveat as any other 1x18650 tube light putting out more than about 500lm or so. It's physically impossible for a light that size to dissipate that much heat, because it's simply too small to have the surface area it needs to do it.
    Last edited by Phlogiston; 02-13-2016 at 02:07 PM. Reason: final paragraph.

Unenlightened

Phlogiston,
    Thank you for the wisdom and experience that you impart on these forums. I am a novice. After reading your posts I feel I have taken your advanced class.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by CaptBW View Post
    Phlogiston,
    Thank you for the wisdom and experience that you impart on these forums. I am a novice. After reading your posts I feel I have taken your advanced class.
    You're welcome

We were all novices at some point; I've learned a lot from people here on CPF too, which is one of the many things I appreciate about this forum

Quick detail about the BLF A6.

The step-down in turbo mode occurs at 45 seconds, not 30. The original firmware had it set for 30-seconds. After the last prototype was tested, it was raised to 45 seconds for the production run.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Convoy thread...
    Prince plays George Harrison's masterpiece While My Guitar Gently Weeps. R.I.P.
    Great vocals & guitar by LeAnn Rimes & Joss Stone as they cover Gershwin's Summertime.

Flashaholic*

Actually, that sounds familiar, now that you mention it. It does seem to vary from unit to unit, though.

I just timed the two A6-based lights I have within reach at the moment against my watch, and they're stepping down at (approximately) 35 seconds and 40 seconds, respectively. Swapping the cells over between them doesn't seem to make a difference (cells were at 3.47V and 4.08V), so my money's on manufacturing variations in the A6 board's clock frequency. I doubt they used close-tolerance components...

I should really write something about a Convoy light sometime and get myself back on topic here

Back to the S2+.
    In warm ambient temperatures, roughly how long can the 7135*6 and 7135*8 be comfortably and safely run at 100% power due to heat?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by stephenk View Post
    Back to the S2+.
    In warm ambient temperatures, roughly how long can the 7135*6 and 7135*8 be comfortably and safely run at 100% power due to heat?
    I don't have any lights with those drivers, because I like my lights to be capable of:

• holding full power continuously; or
    • stepping down automatically before they overheat.

However, I'll try to make some estimates based on what I do know.

My S2+ with a 7135*3 will run continuously at 1.05A in 20C ambient conditions for as long as I want it to. It gets very warm, but not hot. I'd confidently run it in 35C conditions, where I'd expect it to hit "disconcertingly hot, but safe" and stay there without getting any hotter.

My S2+ with a 7135*4 will run continuously at 1.4A in 20C ambient conditions for as long as I want it to. It verges on "disconcertingly hot", but stays safe. I'm not sure I'd want to leave it running for a long time in 35C conditions, though.

Note that both of these are when I'm holding the light in my hand. That allows it to dissipate heat into my hand, which is more efficient than dissipating heat into the air. I'd be happy to leave a 7135*3 running continuously whilst tailstanding or in a flashlight mount, but I wouldn't be keen on doing that with a 7135*4.

As an aside, a flashlight mount actually adds a bit of insulation relative to tailstanding in free air, which is something to bear in mind when mounting a light which doesn't have a dedicated tripod mounting screw or similar system built in.

Now, my BLF A6 gets disconcertingly hot, but remains safe at 5A until it steps down (I believe the current version steps down at 45 seconds). That light appears to be of similar form, mass and construction to the Convoy S2+.

If we take 1.4A as an upper limit, based on the 7135*4, the BLF A6 at 5A is 3.6A over limit. The 7135*8 at 2.8A is 1.4A over limit, which is 1.4A 3.6A = 0.39 times the excess current. I'll call that 0.4 - always round conservatively when doing things like this - and invert it to get 1 0.4 = 2.5 times more runtime.

In other words, the 7135*8 in an S2+ should manage 2.5 45 seconds = 112.5 seconds, or about 1 minute 50 seconds at full power before it gets disconcertingly hot during hand-held use in 20C ambient conditions. That does actually seem reasonable, given that my Fenix UC35 will manage 5 minutes at a similar level (the UC35 has a lot more metal to dump heat into).

If we now assume that the light will instantly fry in ambient conditions of 70C, that gives us 50C of headroom above 20C. Taking 35C as an example, for 35C of thermal headroom, we can estimate a new runtime multiplier of 35C 50C = 0.7 times the runtime. Our 112.5 seconds now becomes 112.5 seconds 0.7 = 78.8 seconds, or about 1 minute 15 seconds in 35C ambient conditions.

Doing the same calculations for a 7135*6 at 2.1A, or 0.7A over the 7135*4 limit I've adopted, we get 0.7A 3.6A = 0.19 times the excess current relative to a BLF A6. I'll call that 0.2 and invert it to get 1 0.2 = 5 times the runtime.

In other words, the 7135*6 in an S2+ should manage 5 45 seconds = 225 seconds, or 3 minutes 45 seconds at full power before it gets disconcertingly hot during hand-held use in 20C ambient conditions. Applying our previous multiplier for 35C ambient conditions, that would fall to 225 0.7 = 157.5 seconds, or about 2 minutes 35 seconds.

Of course, if you were to put the 7135*6 or 7135*8 into a larger body with more heat dissipating capacity, you'd get more runtime. I can tell you that with certainty, because I got James at 3Tronics (James' CPF thread) to build the innards of a BLF A6 into a Convoy X3 body for me. That light will run continuously in 850lm mode - roughly equivalent to a 7135*8 at full power - until the battery runs out, and it barely gets warm. It really is all about whether you can get rid of the heat.

That's pretty much everything I can tell you; hopefully it gives you a ballpark idea of what you're likely to be dealing with.

I'm sure some of our readers will have S2+ lights with the 7135*6 or 7135*8 driver, though. Perhaps someone might add some real-life experience to confirm or refute my estimates?

Thanks for the very detailed response!

Flashaholic*

I've just discovered maukka's thread with a comprehensive instrumental analysis of his Convoy S2+ T6-3B 7135*8 sample, including spectrophotometric data and graphs. It's a good thread, and I love having data like that, so I've referenced it from my original post here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenk View Post
    Thanks for the very detailed response!
    You're welcome

Originally, I was just going to post a couple of paragraphs, but I decided that it would be better to lay out my reasoning in full. That way, anyone else with a similar question in future can see how it's done, and perhaps save themselves having to wait until I get back to them with an answer.

Another big thank you for this thread! I'm very close to ordering my first Convoy, something I never would have considered without this information.

The S2+ with 1400mA can run on high without getting too hot left alone
    with 2100mA gets too hot left alone but in your hand you will love it if its cold outside

more throw and continous lumens the C8 XPL V2-1A is very nice
    my sample has almost no tint and easily lights up things in 200m distance

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Grijon View Post
    Another big thank you for this thread! I'm very close to ordering my first Convoy, something I never would have considered without this information.
    Thank you for letting me know I'm rather impressed to see this thread still being helpful a year after I started it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lexel View Post
    The S2+ with 1400mA can run on high without getting too hot left alone with 2100mA gets too hot left alone but in your hand you will love it if its cold outside
    The new face of flashaholism: summer and winter lights

I'm quite tempted to get one of the upgraded Convoy lights with the new firmware from Toykeeper, but I'm holding off for the moment, because I have too many projects cluttering up my desk already.

I can tell you that Convoy's new 1xAAA light is nice, though: stainless steel, retained-head twisty operation and an XPE2 LED in your choice of 4000K, 5000K or 6000K. The tailcap unscrews to load the cell, and it has a very solid-looking keyring lug on it, which I like, but it does mean that there's no chance of tailstanding the light. Both the head and tail threads feel a bit scratchy when you turn them, and the retained head can't be removed to apply grease, so I'll be curious to see if the thread feel smooths out after some use.

The light has a single mode rated at 50lm, with a brighter hotspot and noticeably more throw than a BLF-348. There is a clearly visible ring at the outer edge of the beam when you shine it on a white wall, but I didn't find it intrusive in use, and the rest of the beam looks clean to me.

I did a rough and ready runtime test using a standard 750 mAh Eneloop AAA, which produced a good 90 minutes before it started to visibly fade out. The light didn't get particularly hot, and there was no sudden cut-off, either - it slowly ran down to a firefly level over a further 30 minutes. The cell voltage was 0.84V when I ended the run. The Convoy listing on AliExpress says it'll do 2 hours or more on a 900mAh cell; if you include a few minutes of the fading period, that's definitely credible.

A few months ago, I tried to give a BLF-348 to an older person I know. Unfortunately, they didn't have the dexterity for the (relatively small) clicky switch, so I gave them a Convoy AAA light yesterday. The twisty head does the job nicely; being a retained-head design, there's no possibility of it falling off and getting lost, either. The nice, simple "on" or "off" operation went down well, too, in line with my experience that quite a few non-flashaholics prefer single-mode lights to multimode ones.

Just got in a S2+ 3000K 1050mA 3-mode (5%low---30%mid---100%high , so SOS or strobe) and found this thread to double check my tailcap measurement (1.1A) and get an idea of the lumens (300,100). It's a nice companion (clone?) to have with the Jaxman E3 with the 4000K high CRI, which I also got with no SOS or Strobe.

Very glad I got the 1050mA 3x driver so it can tailstand on high and run 2 hours even on basic 2200mAh PKCell ICR18650s. Hits 47C on the head at 40C on the logo. 4x driver would probably have been hotter than I'd be comfortable with for continuous use.

Bit annoying that older chinese lights like the Yezl, which I got when the XM-L was a new thing, have true low voltage cutoff while this one doesn't. Any flashlight I let my wife use I have to assume might be left on, outside, overnight or longer before I say "hey, where's that flashlight?". Though, using cheapie (but I think trustworthy) $3 instead of $7-9 batteries, it wouldn't be much of a loss, and I have rather a number of that type (PKCell 2200mAh, Tlife 2200mAh, SZNH 2000mAh, SZNS 2500mAh) in addition to the high performance batteries for the ZL.

Great pair of lights. I love the really warm color temperatures much more than the (otherwise OMG great) Zebralight SC62w MkIII HI. I had an old P60 XP-G mod that was warm white but might overheat on a high that's more like the medium on these. And, a rare 4sevens Quark Mini AA warm (& a neutral). Nice and tiny, but having up-to-date tech and 18650 runtimes in lights that put out incandescent-looking lights, for bargain prices, is awesome. Glad this forum helped me find them.

The light wont drain the battery below 2.8V

if you let it run over night it glows a little maybe 1/100 of a lumen, if you turn it off it wont turn on again

I got the 7135*4 and it has no problem at all running ceiling bounce for hours

the new firmware will be a nice improovement over the stock ones, ordered one from simon

Quote Originally Posted by Lexel View Post
    The light wont drain the battery below 2.8V

if you let it run over night it glows a little maybe 1/100 of a lumen, if you turn it off it wont turn on again

I got the 7135*4 and it has no problem at all running ceiling bounce for hours

the new firmware will be a nice improovement over the stock ones, ordered one from simon
    I've just received three S2+ with the new firmware/driver, and it is a fantastic upgrade from the original S2+ ! I've settled on mode group 2 (0.1,1,10,35,100%) and no memory for the time being. Once the new firmware is officially released in stock S2+, I'll post a review.
    Most Recent Reviews: Convoy S9 MHVAST TG20 Nitecore HC65

Ordered this one at Banggood:

Looks like a good and strong gift light.
    Last edited by vadimax; 11-13-2016 at 09:23 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast