SF M4 & Pila Li-ion

Aaron

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone tried this combo? Does it work? I have an M4, it would be awesome to convert this light to a rechargeable.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it works I think it will work the same way as the PILA GL4. The LI-ions from pila will power the lamp at a lower output, when you go to DL123's you'll get full output.

The GL4R puts out about 130 lumens on PILA batteries and almost 200 lumens on DL123's

I could be wrong as I'm no science type of guy

Performance_Plus

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
The GL4R puts out about 130 lumens (for 80minutes)on PILA batteries with a 9 volt lamp. And 195 lumens on 4 x cr123a's (12volt lamp)for 45 minutes. If you run a Surefire 12v lamp at the lower voltage I have been told it will shorten the life of the lamp and its light will be yellow instead of white. If Surefire makes a 9v lamp that would be the ticket :)
Just my two cents :)

Topper

Flashaholic*
Hi Topper here and I got the Pila Batts today. I slapped them in my M4 and they worked. Please understand I have been running the M4 with 2 B65's and 2 A14 adapters. The light was not any more yellow than what I was already doing.
I have not run them dead yet to check on the run time factor nor have I done that with the B65's. As I do not own a light meter I can only let you in on what my eyes perceive
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Aaron

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys...I guess I am more interested in running Pila Batts in my SF M3 with MN11. The M4 is nice, but the M3 is easier to carry. Does anyone know if this can be done without modification to the spring? If not, how difficult is the modification, and will it also make it unable to run on SF123's?

matt1987

Newly Enlightened
hello i am be interested in the M4 DEVATASTOR, now i am just fousing on 2-cells SureFire. any Pila Li-ion ides and upgrades for 6Volts SureFire? any help would be good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif