Extra charger needed.

SweD

Newly Enlightened
Hello.

I'm in need of getting an extra charger, catering to my nimh needs.

Is the C9000 still the way to go?
I've had one for years, love it and all that, but still, it's old. Mine is 0H0BB, does anyone know if anything of significance has been updated since then? Any other alternatives?

The crux of it all is that I'm looking for reasons to get an mc3000, just because I can, because it's a great charger, from what I gather, but can't justify it really, unless there's some real magic happening there, to do with nimh. I have as of yet not had reasons to dive into the lithium plethora of cells and gadgets, so seems like overkill. :)

Still, the mc3000 would be future proof, decisions, decisions...

/Dennis

Last edited:

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 C9000`s but i only really use them for break-in and analyse to check capacity, I don't use them for day to day charging as unless you want the default 1000ma you have to press far to many buttons and you should not use 1000ma on AAA cells.

I must have 50 chargers, see my SIG for a fraction of them, I have the MC3000 but i don't use it a lot as it`s just too big and bulky to keep getting out, and i cannot leave anything connected as my cast`s will rip it apart.

I just use a standard 8 year old smart charger for charging nimh AAA,AA,C,D,9V, just drop the battery`s in and walk away until it`s done no settings, it uses 330ma for AAA and 1000ma for AA,C,D and 50ma for 9V i just bought a second one, both second hand but like new for like £12 and i keep an eye out for any more.

Below is a list of chargers that HKJ a CPF member has tested.

http://www.lygte-info.dk/info/indexBatteriesAndChargers UK.html

John.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have the scratch and you really want the MC3000, just get it. I have the C9000, among other chargers, but I just don't think that I'd utilize most of the SkyRC's features. Also, if it was say $20 bucks more than the other capable chargers I have, I'd have no problem, but it's well over twice the price.

If you're itching to fiddle with what it can do and money isn't a problem, just get it.

Otherwise, the Maha C9000 is a capable analyzing NiMH only charger.

Chris

SweD

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, think it'll have to be the Maha. I never quite understood the issue with buttons being pressed. Who cares if it takes 1 second or 30 getting it going, if I still have to wait 2 hours regardless.

The itch is there, just for the sake of it, but think practicality will have to win. At the end of the day, what I need is more slots, not more functionality, no matter how much fun it would be.