good news

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i wont be homeless .man i may have money from my moms estate .not much but enough ill can by a small house man i was always scared id be homeless someday now ill have a house or condo thats so coool.it takes like 100 days my dad says i can make it 100 days i know here condo sold

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a good thing. I'm sorry for the reason that you are coming into the money, but at least some good can come of it.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
yeah im still not over her passing.i doubt i ever will be

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sorry about your loss raggie, but it really is great that you're getting a house.

3 cheers for a not homeless raggie!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing like being homeless and disabled. Lucky I had a few rehab centers, my aunt and parents to fall back on. One time I was living with my aunt getting day old sandwiches from 7-11 every morning helping my uncle deliver newspapers. Man sleeping on the floor get old real quick.

Now I have an apartment and close to 20 grand in credit so I can go a while without a job and make due.

LightChucker

Enlightened
raggie,

I am happy that you have some money coming your way, and that you are planning to use it to buy a home (instead of flashlights). Very wise of you!

However, be careful that you don't spend all your money on the house. That is, don't forget about the cost of utilities (gas, electricity, water, sewer, etc.), the annual cost of taxes and insurance, and the cost of maintenance. If you don't have enough money left over to pay for these things, you will lose everything. That would turn your dream of owning your own home into a real nightmare.

If you have never owned a home before you may not realize that you NEVER completely own the home. It remains the property of the state forever. It is as if you must continue to pay rent to the state (in the form of property taxes) forever - at least, that's the way it is in most states. If you miss one of those tax bills, the state will take the house and sell it for next to nothing to pay your taxes.

The same goes for insurance. If you miss a premium payment, and your house burns down, again, you lose everything.

Well, the point of this is that you don't want to spend all your money on the house. Be sure that you can continue paying for everything else in the years to come.

God bless you, raggie!

Chuck

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
LightChucker said:
raggie,

I am happy that you have some money coming your way, and that you are planning to use it to buy a home (instead of flashlights). Very wise of you!

However, be careful that you don't spend all your money on the house. That is, don't forget about the cost of utilities (gas, electricity, water, sewer, etc.), the annual cost of taxes and insurance, and the cost of maintenance. If you don't have enough money left over to pay for these things, you will lose everything. That would turn your dream of owning your own home into a real nightmare.

If you have never owned a home before you may not realize that you NEVER completely own the home. It remains the property of the state forever. It is as if you must continue to pay rent to the state (in the form of property taxes) forever - at least, that's the way it is in most states. If you miss one of those tax bills, the state will take the house and sell it for next to nothing to pay your taxes.

The same goes for insurance. If you miss a premium payment, and your house burns down, again, you lose everything.

Well, the point of this is that you don't want to spend all your money on the house. Be sure that you can continue paying for everything else in the years to come.

God bless you, raggie!

Chuck

[/ QUOTE ]yep i wont have it in my name im not good at mangaging my stuff. and cobb homeless stinks in was it a few times i was so hungry and so cold

DaGeek

Enlightened
Like some famous person once said "spend your money carefully".lol

Santelmo

Enlightened
Be well Raggie. She would want also the best for you, that's why take care of yourself.

Just remember your mom is in a better place and she will always be there somewhere watching over you (I do sometimes envy those that have gone before us, but it's not healthy as well to dwell on those thoughts). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif This is GREAT news!

Be sure and get it in a neighborhood that has good broadband high speed available. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Britt