Surefire LED Warranty??

DimBeam

Enlightened
What is Surefire's Warranty on the LED's for the L1,L2,L4? I don't mean if you smash or break the LED, I am concerned if the bulb blows out due to a defect or age(use). Will they replace the bulb for free and if not what would be the replacement charge?

Size15's

Flashaholic
If it breaks they will fix it.
In the extremely rare event that your SureFire LED does die SureFire will take care of it. I believe we (CPF) have had this confirmed.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I emailed SF about this several months ago and they confirmed that LED's are covered under their warranty. Lamps however are not unless they instaflash. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have recent information from Surefire that is a little different than the blanket statement of "you break it we'll fix it"
when it comes to the Lux V in the L4.

Lifespan of Lux V = 500 hours

If it dies they will determine if it was "pre-mature" and if that is the case then it will be replaced.

DimBeam

Enlightened
It seems there is no hard or fast rule on the warranty. I get the impression it is up to the Surefire inspectors when they receive the light.

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
How long will it take most of you guys to go through 500 battery changes?

Scott

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
beezaur said:
How long will it take most of you guys to go through 500 battery changes?

Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to use my L4 an hour a day and at that rate it would be 500 days.

I have had incandescent lamps last that long. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
Has anybody actually had one die of old age yet?
I don't recall any.

If it happens then contact SureFire. Until then I for one will be worrying about other things.

Al

E

Emilion

When I bought my L5 last year, I sent an email asking abt my L5's warranty.........if I use it as a self defense tool and it stop working afterwards, will the warranty cover?

The answer is "Yes, all parts on the L5 except the batteries are covered in the warranty."

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me, heavy use would be 2 battery changes per week, or 250 weeks to 500 hours of use (5 yrs), assuming I only use that one light. By that time the cost of a new LED head is more or less acceptable.

The more likely scenario is that it takes me 10 or 15 years to wear out that one light. By that time I would probably be looking for an excuse to get a new one. Think of what cool flashlights were like 15 years ago.

M. . . M. . . . . Ma. . . . Ma. . . . . I just can't say it.

Scott

iocheretyanny

Enlightened
I wonder for the L2 if the 500 hour limit stands since most people will use it 90% of time on Low.
I would assume that L2 used on low will last much longer.