Light-of-the-Month Club

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
In another post Cornkid mentioned that Larry got off cheaply, this month, for getting a "survival" light for only $2.99. Having purchased or received something flashlight related every month since joining the CPF, I was wondering if others suffer from this monthly cycle? This wasn't anything I planned-it just happened this way...honest! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The_virus

Enlightened
Ermmm...with me it's more phases of interest. I have other hobbies that sometimes take all my cash that I could otherwise spend on flashlights. I collect video games as well for example. I have to make choices as to which hobby to support every now and then. I've bought about 5 flashlights in the last 2 months, but I was on a bit of a 5 month hiatus where I bought no lights.

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now look what I started...

I am under a similar influence... the only problem being that I am jobless and get $11 a month for allowance... That translates to either LONG savings or working for more money. (chores mainly)
Even with the little money I get, I still get something flashlight related once a month.

-tom

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having been out of full-time employment for a good part of last year I can appreciate having a hobby on a tight budget. Some months I got lucky and was given something as a gift or I found a cheap light on closeout. Anyone can get a nice light for big bucks but it takes some effort to find those lucky bargains.

I got my latest light from the Easter Bunny without any hints or prompting. A tiny, flexible neck, Led Lenser was in my basket. Great timing as only yesterday was I reminded that I didn't buy any flashlight stuff this month.

This light uses four 5AG button cells which are the same size as my #A13 zinc-air hearing aid cells. Are the 5AG's alkies? I'll have to experiment because I have a ton of the A13's and would rather not stock yet another type of cell.

Happy Easter