Modified Leadlights (pictures)

andyz

Newly Enlightened
Leadlight module in an E2E with Resistor Mod (running at 420ma)
SF-Leadlight-1.jpg

Leadlight in E2E Body and Resistor mod vs Leadlight with Pot Mod only
SF-Leadlight-2.jpg

The internals of the E2E, It will now take a Leadlight Module (Just slide the module into the front barrel)
SF-Leadlight-3.jpg

SF-Leadlight-4.jpg

SF-Leadlight-5.jpg

SF-Leadlight-6.jpg

andyz

Newly Enlightened
No I decided to use the Leadlights, cheaper to buy and easy to mod. Although with some modding the Jaycar was similar to this (both now burn black plastic)

andyz

Newly Enlightened
I'm waiting for a green Laser Meter to arrive. Then I will test them and post the results. I could only guess now and hoping it will arrive soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

andyz

Newly Enlightened
On the first and second pic I had the units sitting on small black spacers, this is to stop green flare on the mat when taking the picture. The shadows are from the downlights in my office. Both beams are visible just as pictures show, in pitch dark room or night sky they are awesome.

andyz

Newly Enlightened
The real cost is getting the E2e and a Leadlight Laser, the rest is really only cheap parts (Resistors, Aluminium etc) and 2 or 3 hours work.

Cost is -

Surefire E2e = 75.00
Leadlight Laser = 60.00
Parts = 2 or 3 Dollars

Total cost to me was under $140 US

andyz

Newly Enlightened
I will order in a couple of Surefire heads and build them into a kit form, meaning you can just screw on the Green Laser Head and slot one battery in (reversed) for Laser, and when your done using the Laser you simply remove the head and screw in the Flashlight head. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif.

Will keep you posted

AW

Newly Enlightened
I 'll buy one too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

andyz

Newly Enlightened
Here is a comparison starting from bottom left -

Leadlight (Pot Mod)
Surefire E2e with Leadlight Module (Resistor Mod)
Wicked Laser 60Mw (No Modifications)

SF-Leadlight-8.jpg

bajaiman

Enlightened
andyz ... if you're making the kit please put me on your list /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BlueMars

Newly Enlightened
Me too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Let's wait until a B/S/T thread is made or the mods will get on us /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
andyz said:
I will order in a couple of Surefire heads and build them into a kit form, meaning you can just screw on the Green Laser Head and slot one battery in (reversed) for Laser, and when your done using the Laser you simply remove the head and screw in the Flashlight head. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif.

Will keep you posted

[/ QUOTE ]

I am VERY interested in this kit. Please let me know what you end up with. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes very interested /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Is it powerful enough to start a fire?
If not,is it possible to get one that does.
It would be funny to use litting up fireworks..etc etc