POWER OUTAGE TODAY!

Stream

Enlightened
The power went out through most of the town for about 20-30 minutes. I was in the underground parking garage unloading groceries from the car when all of a sudden it went completely dark (pitch black). The damndest thing was that for the first time I didn't have my EDC on me :ohgeez:, but fortunately I was standing by the car so I switched on the headlights giving me enough visibility to get out the 3D Mag mounted on the passenger side to light my way upstairs and help others find their way out as well. When I got up to the apartment I grabbed the light I usually carry (SL Lux Jr.) and I also put some new cells (BatteryStation) in my Scorpion. I went back down to get the last couple of grocery bags out of the car, of course the damn BatteryStation CR123s started to yellow a bit after just 5-10 minutes (I hate BatteryStation batts :rant:) Anyway, this is the last time I'm ever going anywhere without my EDC lights! Even if it's just a quick trip down to the garage to get groceries out of the car :candle:

So the moral of the story is NEVER GO ANYWHERE WITHOUT YOUR EDC AND EXTRA BATTS! :twak: You never know when you're gonna need it.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stream - Probably only CPF members will hope for a power to go out.

I got a few different batches of Battery Station batteries at home. I'll run some tests tomorrow with my Streamlight Scorpion.

Did the SL TL-3 see any use? If you lived in the US, its not carry EDC and extra batteries, but EDC, back-up light, keychain last ditch light, and possibly some spare batteries....

Jason

Stream

Enlightened
JasonC8301 said:
Stream - Probably only CPF members will hope for a power to go out.

I got a few different batches of Battery Station batteries at home. I'll run some tests tomorrow with my Streamlight Scorpion.

Did the SL TL-3 see any use? If you lived in the US, its not carry EDC and extra batteries, but EDC, back-up light, keychain last ditch light, and possibly some spare batteries....

Jason
People are normally scared or annoyed by power outages but CPF members have a blast lol :D. Only thing I didn't like is the traffic lights were also out, could've been dangerous.
Unfortunately the TL3 didn't see any use, the power outage didn't last long enough :awman:. I usually carry only the Lux jr. spare batts and sometimes the Scorpion, but you should have seen me on my trip to Sweden a few days ago. I had the Lux jr., Scorpion, TL3 and three backup lights and spare batteries lol :D

The BS batteries I'm having trouble with is the 0505 batch, I've made a thread about it over in the battery forum. I've noticed short runtimes on BS cells before but this batch has contained cells that were DOA. So I'm thinking about switching over to SF cells, even though they cost more. The price from John at lighthound.com is $1.65 incl. shipping for SF cells. The BS cells were $1.14 incl shipping from lighthound.

Makarov

Enlightened
He he, not fun being caught without a light when you need it. Guess you're gonna look for a small EDC to keep on you're keychain now :)
May I suggest a Photon Micro Freedom, you won't notice it until you need it. I've bought several on Ebay from this seller, make nice gifts as well.

About the CR123's from Batterystation; I'm using them in my E2e, and while I got shipped 1 battery that was DOA, I've been quite happy with them.
Maybe you got shipped 1 bad cell as well?

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
An uderground garage power outage and no EDC?? That'll teach ya! :ohgeez:
Your fortunate you weren't in an elevator when it happened.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Well I won't say that I hope for power outages, but it is certainly a GREAT feeling to be prepared and even better to be able to help others (not to mention justification and rationalization for our photon obsession :ohgeez:)!! :thumbsup:

Stream

Enlightened
Yeah it's lucky I wasn't in the elevator. I actually opted for the stairs on my way down for some reason lol. It does give you a little perspective, it's not just a hobby; flashlights can be a necessity. Necessity is kind of what got me started on this hobby. And yeah, this'll definitely teach me never to forget my EDC lights!

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
We had a couple power outages this morning in my town too. I was at home for one. My 3 year old said "Oh! Lights don't work daddy! Can I have your flashlight?" (He knows I've always got the Arc in my pocket.)

I've given up trying to give the kids a big Mag I have in the house, because they usually complain and say "no, I want the one you have in your pocket."

Little CPF'ers. Gotta love 'em.

Power outages at Binky's house usually start with dad handing out a couple G2's, an 8nx, and the LSH-P. Then the fun starts. :)