1-Watt McModule Makes 2,030 Lux!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
it's a turbohead that will work on any minimag /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
with a fresh lithium aa, it still puts out a helluva lot of light. if i only had a lightmeter... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I gave ZenGhost a SAFT 3V AA to put in his, does run nice and bright now. We'll have to meter it next time he's over.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
trailstoride said:
Just curious, I have a Lambda Cyclops. It is a 1 watt LS SE in a 2D Mag driven with 3 C cells. It throws easily over 100 yards. How does it compare to the McModule? I know the McModule is regulated and the Cyclops is not.

Lambda has on his web site: [ QUOTE ]
The first Cyclops is complete (it has blue case). It's burning up 3 new Energizer C cells right now.

These SEs are very nice; pure white and very bright. Quickie test show 4500+ Lux at 700ma on new batteries.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't beat the Mag reflector for throw or tight collimation of available light. The only thing is the Mag's is mirror-clear so it does show some artifacts, with an Acrylite lens on it you will have near-SureFire quality beam output.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
really? i've been meaning to get some of those batteries...
now i really have no choice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Actually the CRV3's split into two are the same thing from my own tests, just no clearly protruding anode nub.

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
The beamshots have already been taken, just need to upload them. They will be on the PM6 passaround thread (I'll link it). I should get around to doing this this evening (no that wasn't a stutter). I guess I should just go compose the post in word ahead of time, so once the pics are up I can cut-and paste it to save some time.

ZENGHOST

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
it's a turbohead that will work on any minimag /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
with a fresh lithium aa, it still puts out a helluva lot of light. if i only had a lightmeter... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I gave ZenGhost a SAFT 3V AA to put in his, does run nice and bright now. We'll have to meter it next time he's over.

[/ QUOTE ]
You know, I actually metered it the first night you gave it to me, planning to post a thread laden with beamshots and comparison Lux readings, etc...but I'll be damned if I can remember where I put the readings. School/work has been absolutely killing me the past couple of weeks so I'm way behind on a lot of the stuff I wanted to do, but I'll try and get those numbers up for you guys--If I remember correclty, the results were pretty impressive.

Y2Kirk1028

Enlightened
LEDmodMan - thanks for the great beamshots.

The M6 reflector is truely one of the best reflectors for a
High Dome LS. Time for me to make a 1 watt version myself.

StanTeate

Enlightened
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

McGizmo said:
Charlie,

Glad you found the time to put this together! I know you like to throw and I thought you'd be impressed with the 1W. I have some more DB-R2H McModules to build to suit and will get back to them after our CA-Camp meet so thanks for the plug.

- Don

I'd like to be on the list for one of these also.

Stan

StanTeate

Enlightened
Don,
Just received 2 DB700 from Wayne and a R2K. Are there pics or notes on which holes to solder the - and + wires and possible ground? I looked at your site which had some info but no pics of the DownBoys. Not quite sure what to do with the R2K as it is a Star, not just the emitter. I do have one of Waynes Royal Blue HD and a Q3K and 2 McModule assemblies to swap out. Yeah, that sucking sound is me getting sucked into flashaholic oblivion. Now that I have one of your SNII's and one of your McModules and I have officially toasted my first mod, my workspace is getting crowded with soldering irons, solder, alligator clips, tape, more light to see with, and more McModule parts. Hey, this is kinda FUN!
Stan

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Stan,

I am on the road now and can't refer to anything in my shop. If you have the new DownBoy with components on only one side, I have yet to use one of these so I can't advise on wire connections. There should be something on Dat2zips site?? A caution on the Down Boy is that the heat sink slug MUST be electrically isolated from the ground.

- Don