11,530 Lux from Luxeon3

Otokoyama

Enlightened
Re: Luxeon III Maglite Mod

Charlie, That's a great description of the "5W dilemma"!

DaMeatMan

Newly Enlightened

Thanks that clears things up allot. I guess i'll make my decision as to which emitter i plan to use by experimenting with run time and gauging how usefull the two beams are in real world use. Thanks for the explanation! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

chr00t

Newly Enlightened

Mr Bulk.. aha thanks correct me. Try reach 500 lumen!!!! I live on desert land very DARK in night time and I need farther distance throw flashlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Useful for my jeep mount with future SN with 500 lumen. I am forward your excellent quality flashlight.

I would love buy a X990 HID flashlight blow every flashlight away.

S4MadMan

Enlightened
Sir Charles,

You know me, please sign me up for one with UCL. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, MRBulk, is it safe to assume, then, that this setup may light up objects further away better, but overall doesn't produce as much residual/flood type light as the 5 watt Space Needle?

dallas

Newly Enlightened
One thing to understand this stuff, another to explain it so it makes sense. How come the best new amazing light is not coming from some EE working for industry? Its like some patent clerk in a land of unsychronized clocks coming up with relativity.

S4MadMan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
dallas said:
One thing to understand this stuff, another to explain it so it makes sense. How come the best new amazing light is not coming from some EE working for industry? Its like some patent clerk in a land of unsychronized clocks coming up with relativity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Answer: EEs in the industry are about theory, not much reality and in addition, have red tape to contend with. Here at CPF (the free world), we have individuals with just as much talent/knowledge as the cookie-cutter EEs AND are able to freely discuss alternatives/improvements/other possibilites and actually go out and make them. That's real progress. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That's why all the light modders here are HEROS!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Gee I dunno, I usually name stuff I intend to -- make and sell!

Should I?

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I'd try to step up to the plate for this one. If I've named it, can I get first crack at it?

EDIT: Let me clarify, the first production model.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Beretta,

Although I like the alliteration and everything, "Stylus" is being used out there by -- somebody, right? Streamlight? I'd like a beefier name, like -- "Spike", or...yeah, Spike. That's it, the Space Spike!

A'course that's if I start to sell'em or something.

But then if I just build a few for people who are simply disinclined to make their own, I would of course never name them anything.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Space Spike" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif !!

BC

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know, I didn't even think of the other Stylus. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif Duh. I was just looking for another name for needle, or as something that could write in space. It just sounded too good to me when I checked the thesaurus for needle.

Spike is much better if this should ever become another short run. It will really punch a hole in the sky.

Latest posts