The new AE PL24 "shorty" model

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kees,

I'd guess it would be in the ~$450 range, but we will know for sure soon.

John

Last edited:

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
SWEET! The length of the thing was possibly the only thing holding me back from purchasing one. Now that it's shorter and i can upgrade to get the same runtime... hmm...

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope Mike @ PTS will loan one out for a few days to Jeff for an evaluation next to the big PL24 & the PL14.

John

Flea Bag

Enlightened
I was going to order the older, longer version PL24 but something told me to hold back for a while and sure enough, this smaller version pops up! Those few inches of reduced length makes all the difference between a light that fits in both my bags or just one of them.

I really hope someone can review the light soon! If it performs as promised, I'm sold!

Note (Read quickly in a low tone at very high speed): Price has not yet been factored into the decision. Intentions are subject to chage without notification. Batteries not included. Each sold separately. :grin2:

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
Hi Guys,
I now have more details listed on our website including price, specs and projected release date (hoping for the end of may). This is the first production run so quantities will be limited. Here's a link PL24/6-S Shorty

AE Light has decided to sell this one as a set, the display boxes will not be used. Instead the light will come in a Travel case with quite a few optional accessories.

Search and Rescue (SAR) Ready Kit!
Here's the list:
• Rubber End and Lens caps
• Rubber sleeved on/off switch
• Strap mounts
• HID flashlight carrying Strap
• High output 2400 mAh (Burn time is 75 minutes)
• AC charger W/LED indicator light and over-charge protection
• DC charger W/LED indicator light and over-charge protection
• Diffuser flood lens for HID flashlight
• Battery charger stand
• Spare 2200 mAh battery (not high output, 60 minute burn)
• Travel case (silver or black)
• Owners Manual for your HID Flashlight

Originally posted by john2551
I hope Mike@PTS will loan one out for a few days to Jeff for an evaluation next to the big PL24 & the PL14.
I would be happy to but its going to have to wait till late June since quantities will limited until then.

Flea Bag

Enlightened
Has the package of the old, long version of the PL24 been changed in any way? I thought the runtime of the old PL24 was around 110 minutes while on your PTS webpage, runtime was listed as just 75+ minutes.

I recall some people were getting a little over two hours from a single charge from their PL24 lights and I don't think they were using upgraded batteries or they would have said so.

Which battery will be supplied with the old PL24?

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
Originally posted by Flea Bag
Has the package of the old, long version of the PL24 been changed in any way? I thought the runtime of the old PL24 was around 110 minutes while on your PTS webpage, runtime was listed as just 75+ minutes.
No nothings has been changed, that was a typo. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
Originally posted by Flea Bag
Which battery will be supplied with the old PL24?
The original 4400mAh Li-ion

glennser

Newly Enlightened
Any word on these coming in? Still on time? I'll buy one but only if I can get it in Los Angeles by June 1st for a trip leaving the next day.
Thanks,
Glennser

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
Hi Guys,
We now have the "Shorty" in stock but there are only three (3) left. We don't expect any more until late June, so if you want one its first come first serve on our website. All preordered lights will ship on Tuesday due to the three day weekend.

AE light has asked us to raise our price on the ballast and bulbs so I'll be making the change in a day or so.

Have a fun three day weekend!!!