My latest Wolf Eyes setup (pics/beamshots inside)!

BUZ

Enlightened
Well here is my latest WE's setup the Wolf Eye's 9DX raider, would like to say thanks to Mike@pts as always his customer service and products are top notch! Like the WE's 6MX this setup produce's a very bright and very white beam that has outstanding throw and tons of useful spill! After reading countless posts from Paul_in_Maryland I new I had to give the raider a try and I'm glad I did, one of the thing's I really like about this setup is that you can run the larger LiIon cells (ahh guilt free lumens) & if your in a pinch three primaries (very handy IMO)!

Tonight I did some comparisons to a P60, P61, P90, P91 and the 9DX simply smoked em', the size of the raider is basically the same as the 6MX only difference is that it's about a inch longer (bezel dia. is the same). To anyone looking for a fairly compact torch that produces a lot of light well look no further this baby really screams!

The cells and charger that I got from mike seem to work quite well, when I compared them to three primaries and two of AW's 18500 cells the WE's cells actually seemed to provide a little better output? Another thing that's nice is that the WE's charger is much faster than the DSD charger (think the dsd charge rate is 350mAh & the WE's is 750mAh)!

SPECS:
Output power 200 Lumens
Continuous runtime 60 Minutes
Lamp assembly 9.0V D36 Avanced Xenon (shock resistant)
Battery type 2 - LRB-150A Li-ion Rechargeable
Tail cap Tactical button switch; morse and continuous
Body diameter 25.4mm
Bezel diameter 42mm
Weight with battery 10oz
Length 163mm

http://www.pts-flashlights.com/

pa240010qq2.jpg

pa2400162cz2.jpg

pa250019st3.jpg

pa240020jb1.jpg

pa240021my3.jpg

pa2400053zh3.gif

pa2400073qc8.gif

pa250003fp1.jpg

Last edited:

GreySave

Enlightened
Been using one of these myself for about a week. Very nice light. Like all Wolf-Eyes, it is larger and has noticeaby more weight compared to a SureFire, but if you are used to carrying a little weight on your belt (rather than within your belt :)) you will hardly notice it. This was my first Wolf-Eyes and it was purchased to fill a specific need. I am impressed. A very good light for the money!

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
ordered the 9t for a glovebox light 2 days ago, keep it up BUZ!

dchao

Enlightened
PTS has 9DX on sale at a very special CPF price. I couldn't help but ordered one last night.

Looks like the bezel on the 9D is the same as 6M. Are they interchangeable?

Last edited:

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
dchao said:
PTS has 9DX on sale. I couldn't help but ordered one last night.
At the sale price, not buying one ought to be illegal!

dchao said:
Looks like the bezel on the 9D is the same as 6M. Are they interchangeable?
The 6x and 9x bezels are exactly the same parts.

Last edited:

Wutda

Newly Enlightened
Guys...I just created an account over at PTS. In looking at Mikes post in the Dealer's corner, he asks that we not post any CPF member prices. Don't know how serious he is, but please edit your post to remove any $$ amounts.

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
Hi Guys,
:popcorn: :laughing:

Nice Beam Shots Buz!!!

Originally posted by Wutda
Guys...I just created an account over at PTS. In looking at Mikes post in the Dealer's corner, he asks that we not post any CPF member prices. Don't know how serious he is, but please edit your post to remove any $$ amounts.
Wutda, thanks for pointing this out but as long as it's the currant special and in my sigline it's ok to post it. The reason I ask you not to post the prices is because some of the CPF prices are below the minimum advertised price (MAP) set by certain manufactures. It's important to keep the manufactures happy so we can continue to offer CPF special pricing.
Wutda, your account is set for the CPF discount.

Last edited:

Wutda

Newly Enlightened
Mike...Thanks for setting me up with my account at PTS and for explaining your pricing. I didn't notice your sig line with your special on the 9DX. Otherwise, I would have kept my trap shut...sorry guys.

Anyway, back on topic...

Buz, I can't wait to get the 6MX I got from you over at B/S/T. How does the 6MX + 18650 compare to the 9DX?

BUZ

Enlightened
Wutda said:
How does the 6MX + 18650 compare to the 9DX?

The 9DX is noticeably brighter however I really doubt you will be disappointed with the 6MX! BTW it went out this morning! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Scott112

Newly Enlightened
Can't resist - I must have one of these! Are the WE charger & cells the best way to go, or would AW or Pila be a better choice?

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scott112 said:
Can't resist - I must have one of these! Are the WE charger & cells the best way to go, or would AW or Pila be a better choice?
When you factor in the new price cuts--on top of CPF pricing--the Wolf Eyes cells and charger look like a sound choice. Their price is now within striking distance of AW's; you'll receive them along with your light, without paying--and waiting--for separate overseas shipping; they'll fit Wolf Eyes bodies better, without spacers; and they work better with high-current lamps. The main advantage of AW cells is that they're slightly narrower, and hence will fit more non-Wolf Eyes bodies.

Pila's 2006 cells and chargers are a class act. If cost were no object, I'd say, go for it. If cost matters, go with Wolf Eyes. it's the only brand I use for cells and chargers.

gumbydammit

Newly Enlightened
Hey Buz,

Can you post a couple of pics of the 6mx & 9dx next to each other?? You had me sold on the 6mx until I saw this new thread. Good thing I'm still waiting on payday.

I'm planning to order a light by Halloween (hopefully htese will still be on sale) so let me know if you are going to be buying any thing else between now and then and I'll wait for the review before I pull the trigger :grin2:

My main goal here is to find a light that will spank the Strions all the other guys at the PD carry! If I can do it at the same or lower cost and similar size then even better!!

BUZ

Enlightened
gumbydammit said:
Hey Buz,

Can you post a couple of pics of the 6mx & 9dx next to each other?? You had me sold on the 6mx until I saw this new thread. Good thing I'm still waiting on payday.

I'm planning to order a light by Halloween (hopefully htese will still be on sale) so let me know if you are going to be buying any thing else between now and then and I'll wait for the review before I pull the trigger :grin2:

My main goal here is to find a light that will spank the Strions all the other guys at the PD carry! If I can do it at the same or lower cost and similar size then even better!!

From L to R G2, WE's 6AX, WE's 6MX, WE's 9DX, WE's M90

The 6MX will spank the strion however the 9DX will crush it! I think Robocop carries the 9DX While on duty and really likes it!

pa230010ic2.jpg

Last edited:

schill

Newly Enlightened
I've had a 9xx for a while now. I've only used primary cells in it. I have the normal and turbo heads and several tailcaps.

I recently got the 6M and I think I prefer it to the 9. I like the smaller form factor a lot. The output with the 3.7v battery - both incan with the turbo head and LED with the normal head - is pretty impressive.

Just a comment meant to concur that I think you'll be happy with the 6.

dchao

Enlightened
Mini Turbo Head Sugguestion

I got the 9D today, and yes - The 9D is my brightest light. Very impressive throw, and has a much larger hot spot than my 6M. I consider the beam shape more useful, however, it's longer than the 6M. I'm going to keep both.

One minor complaint - The turbo head has crenelations, but it's completely flat and does not let any light escape. It will be cool if it could let light out through the crenelations so we know the light is on when it's placed face down on the table.

Last edited:

BBL

Enlightened
Are the wolf-eyes heads surefire P-series compatible? many of the bulbs seem to be, but i'm not sure about the heads.

Latest posts