My latest Wolf Eyes setup (pics/beamshots inside)!

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply mudman. :)

My batteries just got done charging and I loaded them up and WHOA!!! It seems even brighter than with the primaries. Completely owns my G2 with the 100 lumen 3.7v bulb.

BUZ

Enlightened
adirondackdestroyer said:
Thanks for the reply mudman. :)

My batteries just got done charging and I loaded them up and WHOA!!! It seems even brighter than with the primaries. Completely owns my G2 with the 100 lumen 3.7v bulb.
:rock:

DM51

Flashaholic
I finally got round to ordering 2 x WE 150A cells and a WE charger for my 9DX.

The components arrived, all looking just like the set-up in Buz's post #1 in this thread.

I put the cells on charge, and .... strange. The red charge lights went green after only 5 minutes.

OK, think positive, this must be GOOD - they sent me fully-charged cells!

I put them in the 9DX and .... nothing.

Hmm. Maybe I got the polarity wrong. Unscrew, check. No; polarity is correct.

Hmm. Maybe the contacts are poor or the bulb blew. Check with 3 x CR123. No problem there, still works OK on primaries. Can't be the LA either.

Hmm. Must be something wrong with the cells. Check voltage.

Aha!! The first one is showing only 2.5v!! And the second one .... YIKES! 5.6v !!!

WTF? Any ideas, guys?

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
It sounds like the batteries were put into the charger together, with one cell backwards, and the charger is wired with the cells in parallel. In this way, one cell discharges into the other - rather quickly charging it beyond Li-ion specifications, while the charger senses the combined voltage of the cells. The combined voltage continues to rise as the charger adds power to the cells, leading to the charger shutting off, but the cells are still left connected and the damage continues.

The 2.5V cell may be saved, but I doubt the overcharged one can. Look in the batteries forum for more info on effects and recovery procedures for cells with those voltages.