JetBeam Cree XR-E ?

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would not be too unexpected for Jetbeam to be one of the first to come out with an XR-E light. Looks like their first one will be a 1.5V only multi-mode 1AA twisty.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to my Chinese friend the language on the board is Chinese, but probably from Taiwan. The flashlight looks nice :)

liquidsix

Enlightened
Erasmus said:
According to my Chinese friend the language on the board is Chinese, but probably from Taiwan. The flashlight looks nice :)

I didn't think Chinese was a language, I thought there was only Mandarin and Cantonese. But who knows, I'm ignorant when it comes to foreign stuff like that.

Anyways. It is a very sexy light, even if it is a twisty... It's making me drool. The big question here is when!?

Dan C

Enlightened
Man, I love Jetbeams, the new AAA light is fantastic. I will buy anything they come up with.....

Dan C

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
liquidsix said:
I didn't think Chinese was a language, I thought there was only Mandarin and Cantonese. But who knows, I'm ignorant when it comes to foreign stuff like that.
It is traditional Chinese.

D@rk Messenger

Enlightened
I'd still like to see one with different battery options, a 2 aa extender would be sweet :drool: . Looks pretty cool so far, but it's still early on.

liquidsix

Enlightened
Okay, so I got off my *** and had google translate the page for me:

http://translate.google.com/transla...=s&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=3oL&sa=G

Apparently it is aimed more at the domestic market (so it doesn't have the clickie (obviously) and it doesn't support lithium batteries.

Outputs are 80 lumen for 2 hours of continuous use, 40 for 7 hours, and 20 for 30 hours.

There was mention of a Jet-I Cree version as well called the JET-I MK.II CREE 249. which I guess would be marketed more towards people like us.

If anyone's heard anything about the date on these or its availability to NA, let me know.

lightbug

Enlightened
JetBeam C-LE:

CREE 7090 XR-E P4 LED Die
Single AA (1 to 1.5V)
HA 3
4 modes
SoS
High 80 Lumens up to 2 hours
Med 40 Lumens up to 7 hours
Low 20 Lumens up to 30 hours
Twisty on/off
Dunkable within 20 yards.
32 grams without battery.
length: 85mm

hope this helps :whistle:

Last edited:

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
man, a cree jetbeam aaa or mk2 would be awsome.

-David

naturelle

Newly Enlightened
cheapo said:
man, a cree jetbeam aaa or mk2 would be awsome.

-David

Yessss. A Jetbeam Jet-1 Mk-III with Cree or something better (SSC P4?!?)...:grin2:

That would be my next light after my Mk-2.

FRANKVZ

Enlightened
The price is 168 yuan which if I used the right converter is $21.47 USD

Last edited:

blake711

Newly Enlightened
Nice a JEtbeam with a Cree. I would love one. My Jetbeam 123 is my EDC and one of my favorite torches. Much nicer quality than all of my fenix lights imo.

Ritch

Enlightened
I love my Jetbeam MK II too. It's well made and the clicky operating ist great. I am looking forward to a MK II Cree and hopefully a 123 body with clicky tailcap.
naughty.gif

Martini

Enlightened
FRANKVZ said:
The price is 168 yuan which if I used the right converter is $21.47 USD
I somehow doubt we'll see it for that price on this side of the globe. I guess we can dream, though. :sleepy:

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
That light looks sweet! It is exactly what I have been looking for in a AA light. When they are for sale let me know! Paypal ready.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ritch said:
I love my Jetbeam MK II too. It's well made and the clicky operating ist great. I am looking forward to a MK II Cree and hopefully a 123 body with clicky tailcap.
naughty.gif

yea, that'd be awsome, but it seems like they may have given up on the clicky cr123 body thing.

-David