SureFire M6 Guardian images and beamshots

EV_007

Enlightened
When outdoors in wide open spaces at night, the M6 really shines. Pun intended of course.

I find it a bit too hefty to EDC, but it is more compact than I thought it would be.

When you pick it up, you know you have a serious illumination tool.

SureFire_M6_package.jpg

SureFire_M6-1.jpg

SureFire_M6.jpg

SureFire_collection.jpg

Size comparison chart

Incan_collection_Incans.jpg

Other incan lights for size reference to the M6.

SureFire_M6_open.jpg

The M6 components.

Dark_woods-1.jpg

Deep dark woods with no lights but the stars above. Very little, if any, ambient light visible.

Beamshots compared to the SF P91 on 2x17670s. The P91 is quite a performer, but the M6 is quite something else. The P91 beamshots against other lights shown on my signature.

About 200 FEET to the treeline.
_P91.jpg

Surefire P91

_M6.jpg

SureFire M6 HOLA

___P91.jpg

SureFire P91

___M6.jpg

SureFire M6 HOLA

Distance to car around 20 FEET. To green mailbox around 35 FEET. Distance to first tree about 250 FEET. Distance to far treeline around 400 FEET.
__P91.jpg

SureFire P91

__M6.jpg

SureFire M6 HOLA

_SureFire_6P.jpg

_Surefe_M6.jpg

LF_E0-E2R__SF_P60.jpg

The Lumens Factory E0-E2R puts out slightly more light than the P60 used here for comparison.

P91vsE09.jpg

SF P91 and the Lumens Factory E0-9 for reference.

LF_E0_E2R.jpg

LF_EO_9_380lumens.jpg

SF_M6_HOLA.jpg

I returned to the dark deep woods scene to let the M6 MN21 HOLA stretch its legs.

MN15.jpg

MN20.jpg

MN21.jpg

SureFire MN15 MN20 MN21

The MN15 in the M6 works out nicely.

Last edited:

NAW

Enlightened
Nice beamshots...

I once had the fine oppurtunity to see a SF M6 in action at a local gun store & it was pretty cool. :)

CLHC

Flashaholic
Nice pictures here. And YES! Holding the SF.M6 is something to behold I must say! Can't let go of mine. . .No way, no how.

Enjoy!

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tired one out in a store, had the LOLA in it, in bright Mall lighting it really doesn't look great. But in the darl, wow are they bright.

EV_007

Enlightened
Due to not having the non guilt free option, I leave the HOLA in it and use it sparingly. I figure due to the heft of the light compared to the rest in my collection, I should at least get the most output out of it.

nuggett

Enlightened
Nice shots! I must caution anyone comparing lights, do not bring the M6. It will vastly outperform most anything and make other perfectly good lights pale in comparison.
AWRs 3300 HDM6 pack has changed the way I use the M6. Free lumens and constant brightness for longer than I have needed makes it easy on the trigger.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome shots! Love outdoorshots like that where you really see the difference. Thanks!
Awesome light too. :)
Watched ghost ship yesterday on cable(sick alone home and nothing to do), and that movie is a veritable orgie of M6s. And it really isnt that big when you think about it.

EV_007

Enlightened
Thanks for the comments all. I had to underexpose the shots so that the M6's beam didn't wash out totally compared to the P91. The 9P P91 is lot easier to pocket, but the M6 isn't too hefty if you compare it to a M@g.

I'll update this with more shots as the weather inproves. Maybe some inner city shots with ambient street lighting in a downtown area for kicks.

supes

Enlightened
Nice beamshots! I love the wall of light from the P91 but when you need to really reach out there and touch someone in a small package, the M6 does the job without doubt.

I recently got to use my SF M6 with HOLA in security work at the Master's. It was dark and cold but the M6 provided me warmth. :D Lite the whole freakin side of the course. All green and stuff.

cryhavok

Enlightened
Great shots...I love the third one from the bottom. Looks like God is shining a light down from above :D

EV_007

Enlightened
cryhavok said:
Great shots...I love the third one from the bottom. Looks like God is shining a light down from above :D

The M6 puts out so much light that the "beam" out the front end is easily visible even on a clear night. When I first saw the image, I thought it was some digital anomoly, but then realized it was the beam of the M6. Shining down from above seems fitting of the this Guardian.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those are great beam shots! I can not tell yo how bad I want an M6!!!

DM51

Flashaholic
Excellent photos, and thanks for the very useful update with the MN15, MN20 & MN21 comparisons.

EV_007

Enlightened
SureFire M6 Real world usage update:

My girlfriend and I recently took a nice 5-mile stroll around a pond in the country with a few of my lights. I originally thought the M6 was a bit hefty, but the grip and solid feel was a comfortable fit. Using the MN15 at 125 lumens was just right. Our walk was just under two hours and the M6 hardly dimmed at all with the MN15 installed. The beam profile reached way out to the end of the trail and very little light blowback was noticed amongst the deeper vegetation.

I also had the U2, which she had and like a lot. The grip was perfect and the beam really lit up the night even when set to the second to the highest level.

Other lights I tested occasionally are as follows:

The Fenix P3D also had a chance to stretch its legs. Good output from a small light. The light was actually a bit too small when holding in your hand while walking. It slipped out of my hand due to its smooth surface once or twice. The low setting was nice when in denser parts of the trail. Wrist strap is a must.

My E2E was also a bit small to carry in hand while walking, but the knurling on the surface kept me from losing it in the brush.

The LOD CE running the 10440 put out an insane amount of light for its size. I'm always aware of the runtime, so I use it sparingly and this is the light I have on my key chain for "show and tell" as well as maximum output from such a small form factor. This one I didn't drop, had it wedged between my fingers and the keychain in my palm. The bright floody beam is something else.

All the lights were not used all at the same time of course. The SureFire M6 with the MN15 was a good compromise of output, size and runtime. Many thanks to js for the enlightening discovery.

Safety1st

Enlightened
Those :kewlpics: really are first class....:twothumbs

Thanks very much for taking the time and effort to stage them and then post them on here..for everyones benefit..:goodjob:

I'm sure it's appreciated by all...but I speak for myself...:thanks: