Review: Sofirn IF30 Spotlight and floodlight

TimMc

Newly Enlightened
Sofirn kindly sent the IF30 for review.

It is like a slim version of the Wurkkos TS32 where the emitters have changed, it has a rotary switch, and it has a single 32650 cell.

The 32650 cell seems to be degrading each time I perform a Turbo runtime test. šŸ„µ

Here is my review:

I have also published a video:

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Possessing something in the same basic genre - the Noctigon DM1.12 - it's been my observation that the floodlight draw at the upper brightness ranges is a bit much for a single cell after a few seconds.

A freshly-charged Molicel P42A nominally rated to 45A discharge will sag to <3.6V open-circuit voltage after more than a few seconds of turbo. It recovers in a similar time, but this suggests the sustainable current draw is less than turbo demands. And naturally the head gets a touch warm.

Given the compact nature of the DM1.12, if it's not the cell saying uncle it would be thermal throttling so it's all good. But purchasers do need to be aware of the limits imposed by physics of so many lumens in small packages.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Possessing something in the same basic genre - the Noctigon DM1.12 - it's been my observation that the floodlight draw at the upper brightness ranges is a bit much for a single cell after a few seconds.

A freshly-charged Molicel P42A nominally rated to 45A discharge will sag to <3.6V open-circuit voltage after more than a few seconds of turbo. It recovers in a similar time, but this suggests the sustainable current draw is less than turbo demands. And naturally the head gets a touch warm.

Given the compact nature of the DM1.12, if it's not the cell saying uncle it would be thermal throttling so it's all good. But purchasers do need to be aware of the limits imposed by physics of so many lumens in small packages.
What do you mean? Even a high drain cell will have a large voltage drop under a heavy load. Dropping to 3.6V isn't that much