Got my P3D, lux readings were...(now, with runtime graph)

Chao

Enlightened
Just got my P3D,
Lux readings at 1m:

CR123A
Turbo 3050 lux
Hi 1660 lux
Medium 644 lux
Low 146 lux

2x 3.0V R123A
Turbo 3080 lux

2x 3.6V unprotected, R123A
Turbo 3050 lux

1x17670 unprotected, because my protected 17670 cell can not fits well.
Turbo 3115 lux

*5/4/07 updated*
Runtime graph was added at #50 post

Last edited:

psyrens

Newly Enlightened
Re: Got my P3D, lux readings were...

That are not very exciting numbers than I expected.:shakehead

Especially compared to the numbers in your lux reading chart. almost the same with p1dce high.

Jackyl

Enlightened

How does this compare to the rated output?

Jackyl

Enlightened

psyrens said:
That are not very exciting numbers than I expected.:shakehead

Especially compared to the numbers in your lux reading chart. almost the same with p1dce high.

No kidding...especially since his readings show a KL3 head to be 50 lux higher than the P3D.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast

Chao, thanks for the readings. I have seen some of your great beamshots. How does this light compare in overall output to any of the other 2 cell crees you have lying around? Also, do the readings change with primaries?

Chao

Enlightened

I am also a little bit disappointed with the throw, however, if P3D (turbo) was compared with P1D CE (hi) and FT01 (hi), the overall outputs of P3D and FT01 were very similar and higher than P1D CE, I may take beamshots this weekend.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Chao. Your beamshots helped me feel good about buying the palmblaze and D-mini. I look forward to seeing the P3d.

ensile

Enlightened

anyone got ssome beamshot comparisons or even just a beamshot of this new light, i am sitting on the fence bigtime, the only sales point for me is the 160 lumes mode, knowing i can have 160lumes in my pocket when i need it is pretty comforting, but i want to justify the added size opposed to a single battery 123a light. If it is, i buy tonight :)

edit: i know its lumens on paper.. the faster you download the bigger your ..... is. etc etc

Last edited:

ensile

Enlightened

oh and the 65 hours low 9 lume mode = me thinks 1 pair of batteries per year.. sounds good to me.

HummerGuyInFL

Newly Enlightened

Well, I just compared the P3D to my P1CE and couldn't say that the P3D is any brighter but it did have more of a blueish tint. Also, my Lumahunter M1 is definitely brighter than my P3D...

Last edited:

ensile

Enlightened

i prefer a clicky tailcap, why is the p2d cheaper than the p1d-ce...

So the p3d is a waste of time ? i can't really seem to see any solid reason why i should get it, other than on paper it says it's the brightest fenix.

i bought a l2t and whilst i like it, i didn't know any better, don't want to make the same mistake again.. these things are too expensive to keep buying and then to find out for an extra $2 i could have got something better.. haha oh i hate myself

tostada

Newly Enlightened

Well, it doesn't seem that impressive, but on flashlightreviews.com,

L2D CE = 2980 Lux throw
P2D CE = 2200 Lux throw

so 3050 Lux from the P3D CE certainly isn't bad, and I'm pretty impressed to see 3115 Lux from a 17670.

ensile

Enlightened

thanks for the initiative tostada, i think i might get it. The run-time for p3d is quite good. the size of the p1/2dce's is also good, decisions, decisions.

Does anyone know if fenix' plan to make belt clips for the p1/2/3 series ? it'd be nice to clip them somewhere. Don't get me wrong i think the holsters are brilliant, but i don't wear a belt all the time, (weekends etc).

Chao

Enlightened

HummerGuyInFL said:
Well, I just compared the P3D to my P1CE and couldn't say that the P3D is any brighter...

Add beamshots, looks like what you observed :D
Beamshots at 5m. (fenix P3D-turbo, fenix P1DCE-hi, lumapower M1-hi, huntlight FT-01 XRE-hi)
p3d5m.jpg
p1dce5m.jpg

lumama5mh.jpg
FT01-5m.jpg

Beamshots at 10m. (fenix P3D-turbo, fenix P1DCE-hi, lumapower M1-hi, huntlight FT-01 XRE-hi)

p3d10m.jpg
p1dce10m.jpg

lumama10mh.jpg
FT01-10m.jpg

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast

THe PD3 looks less ringy than the PD1-CE in your picture. The exposure may not allow you to see much difference between the hotness of the beams. When I compare them visually my PD3 looks brighter than the PD1-CE. Also in your PD3 shot you can see that the room is illuminated more than in the shot ith the PD1-CE. The floor is brighter, you can see detail on bottom of the couch, where it's pretty much shadowed out with the PD1-CE. So the PD3 is kicking out a bit more light.

x2x3x2

Banned

Chao,

was your M1 using texture or smooth reflector?

ensile

Enlightened

beamshots ! nice work, thanks so much !

Chao

Enlightened

WadeF said:
Also in your PD3 shot you can see that the room is illuminated more than in the shot ith the PD1-CE. The floor is brighter, you can see detail on bottom of the couch, where it's pretty much shadowed out with the PD1-CE. So the PD3 is kicking out a bit more light.

Eagle eyes :thumbsup:, and you are right, the P3D has less ring arount hot spot.

Hi,x2x3x2, my M1 using smooth reflector.

ensile

Enlightened

:sssh: what are those other lights you have compared ?, fenix looks kind of weak in comparison, you'll go on to tell me the m1 and the other one don't have multiple level output, or that they cost a kidney and a taxi ride..

:ohgeez: the p3d doesnt look bright at all, it isnt really opening up daylight within that hallway is it.. is that 5m ?, Ok i see now, 10m..

10 metres... mmmmm

ensile

Enlightened

:sold: thanks for the beamshots ! just what i needed to push me over the edge. :grin2: