G&P A.I. Strobe Switch Impressions & 1 incan Question

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
well guys, I could not hold any longer, and I bought the G&P A.I. Strobe Switch for Surefire.

Here are my impression...Quality is decent, but not on apr with surefire standards. Just the regular chinese good stuff. (after all G&P is an Airsoft crowd company)

So...I works as expected with a flickering faster than the L0D-CE or Rexlight. This is yet to be tested on human which will be done as soon as a friend that is also interested in it returns from his trip. :D :naughty:

Here comes the question though. Aiming for an extreme effect I installed it in a 3xCr123 version driving a LumensFactory HO-9 bulb. Flickering became ALOT slower, almost unusable. So guys, what is the mechanics behind this?

Oh! I almost forgot. While testing it, I noticed that when on steady, emited light was less. So I checked the tailcap resistance, but my home Multimeter had a "shock" and a mind of his own now. If it was measured correctly it must be 0.458 Ohms. I will come back with a define Ohm number measured soon....

Enjoy, kostas

mdocod

Flashaholic
I would avoid tailcaps that try to add any more than 2 functions to an incan light. On, and Off. strobing an incan is hard on the bulb and should be avoided anyways...

sorry to hear yours seems to be an underperformer...

I'm betting that the flash speed is dependant on current flowing, so it only works with a G&P "1.2A" lamp.

jbosman1013

Enlightened
I had mine for a week on my SF C2 with the G&P 7w K2 it was cool but the button stoped working and would only work as a twist-on
icon9.gif

Latest posts