Xeray "The Bomb" status?

BVH

Flashaholic
Hi Dan. Can you give us any further info on "the Bomb" you mentioned dropping a few months back? (I think it's the 90 - 100 Watt HID light, isn't it?)

How's the military thing going and is it related?

Last edited:

NAW

Enlightened
I hope theirs no "bomb".... I just dropped about 1300 for my BB. :crazy:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dan. Can you give us any further info on "the Bomb" you mentioned dropping a few months back? (I think is going to be the 90 - 100 Watt HID light, wasn't it?)

How's the military thing going and is it related?

"Mums the word" still.

Number 2 military project progressing well. Number 3 and #4 are also underway. We should be able to go public on all of it by the end of the year.

Number 1 military project we got a 15 month contract for 600 units with monthly shipments ultimately going to Iraq. The contract is likely to be extended to more units because the users are VERY happy with a reasonable price and better performance (more output) than "others". We have already shipped 100+ units.

frogs3

Enlightened
Hey NAW,

Congratulations on finally snagging a BB. I love mine more with every passing month. It is for me an ideal walking light, not too heavy but with tons of lumens. Solidly made and reliable.

If there is in fact a new, more potent one from XeVision, no way would I give up the BB. It works just right.

Enjoy,

-HAK

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
NAW, congrats on getting a BB! I'm still sitting on my 50W==>BB (with original ballast), and the 2nd BB I got from other member.

I'll probably sell my original one...but the Group Buy BB really works no better. One question you answered for me was the price range they are worth. Did your $1300 buy an extra bulb/battery?

Anyway, I'm happy for you....and also for Dan's success.

NAW

Enlightened
One question you answered for me was the price range they are worth. Did your $1300 buy an extra bulb/battery?

She's coming with an extra bulb & battery...can't wait to get it. :popcorn:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
She's coming with an extra bulb & battery...can't wait to get it. :popcorn:

Sweet! You will likely never need that extra bulb...but I have two extra Fat Boy DL-50's after putting the 3rd in the 50W upgrade. You are gonna be blown away.:thumbsup:

BVH

Flashaholic
For useless kicks, I enjoy lighting up my BB, memorizing what I saw and then lighting up my LarryK14 - now There's Some Light! Granted, only 6 or 7 minutes, but glorious to behold, right Lux?

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Yeah, the Larry14K makes you look around for the rest of the 747 that is about to land on your position. It is like someone reached up in the sky and turned on a magic "Sun" spotlight.

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
Humm.. decisions decisions... if the bomb comes out the BB will drop in price to some degree unless there is large price margin between the two.

I wish I knew what the runtime of the bomb will be?

NAW

Enlightened
I think this new flashlight will not be brighter than a BarnBurner. I think it will just be a more compact and lighter HID.

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this new flashlight will not be brighter than a BarnBurner. I think it will just be a more compact and lighter HID.

Ah, I see... I saw rumors of 100 - 125Watts so I didn't know., but smaller will indeed be that much harder to be brighter due to reflector efficiency even if it were higher wattage.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking 125 - 150 now. 75 to 100 is too small of a jump for engineering a new light, I think.

The next thing we do will be called "MOAB" short for Mother of all BB's (MOABB) MOAB is also a "hotspot" (pun intended) in Utah for off roading mtn biking etc. It is a desert "slick rock" sand stone area.

The US military also has a bomb called the MOAB, in their case it stands for Massive Ordinance Air Burst. It is a conventional explosive device. 21,700 lb of high exposive. Durring the testing at a bomb range in Florida the shock wave was felt as far as 35 miles away.

"A weapon so big it is dubbed the "mother of all bombs," the Air Force said." http://www.metacafe.com/watch/139739/moab_bomb_test_video/

"Patience is a virtue" they say, I can say no more at this time. Don't expect the unveiling before the end of this year (2007/2008).

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, your just a big tease!

Maybe by then I'll have some spare change... if my new boat doesn't get it all!

I do like Moab... but that sounds like a really big light.

I wish we had something else to eat besides popcorn while we waited!

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, your just a big tease!

Maybe by then I'll have some spare change... if my new boat doesn't get it all!

I do like Moab... but that sounds like a really big light.

I wish we had something else to eat besides popcorn while we waited!

Not big just powerful.

Dan

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK.... I hope its a molly whopper of a stinking bright light...

can you give a hint as to runtime?.. thats the main deterant for ever leaving the comfort of my BB that I snuggle up to at night.... just call me fickle!