LED Lighting on CN Tower

luminiferous

Newly Enlightened
That should look great. Wonder what they'll do Sunday night? I'll have to take a trip down there and have a look. I'm only 10 minutes away.

Sarratt

Enlightened
For 10 million dollars---- no-one else here can say they spend too much on lights.

"box light leds" ..... huh ?

Happy Canada day (posted on the day before)

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
Toronto's CN Tower sports new LED lighting

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070629...cntower_col;_ylt=AtRQzQB1Ysekb2heGOsUl5NvaA8F

"...The tower, the world's tallest free-standing structure, showed off its high-efficiency LED lighting on Thursday night, giving a brief preview of some of the millions of color combinations that will flow up and down the 553-meter (1,815-foot) tower during holidays and special events...."

ra1011433091.jpg

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Toronto's CN Tower sports new LED lighting

Hey Photonboy, you didn't like my post from yesterday? :nana: :)

*Edited* and thread merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Toronto's CN Tower sports new LED lighting

I think there may have been one opened before mine as well. :ohgeez:

OhMyGosh

Newly Enlightened
They say the lights are expected to last 10 years. Thats about 90,000 hours @ 24 hrs/day. How many hours/day are the lights lit?

Canuke

Enlightened
SWEET!

I wonder if Color Kinetics did the dance club in Glendale CA, right where the 134 freeway crosses the 2... Manx or Minx, it's called. The whole thing is lit up, some serious lumen output going on there too.

luminiferous

Newly Enlightened
They say the lights are expected to last 10 years. Thats about 90,000 hours @ 24 hrs/day. How many hours/day are the lights lit?

Don't know for sure, but they weren't on when I passed by at 9:15 last night (still light out though). They're definitely not on during the day (for obvious reasons).

10 years seems short, but they are exposed to the same extreme weather conditions the tower endures.

mosport

Enlightened
Was at a condo party down on the harbourfront Sunday night, snapped a few balcony shots of the tower changing colours. Lit up red and white for Canada Day, lights were shut off around 2am so they were only on for approx 4 hours last night.

img1232yz7.jpg
img1233gc7.jpg
img1241cg1.jpg

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just saw the tower tonight for the first with the LED's and they look really cool. They were coming on in waves and it really added a nice touch to an already beautiful night time skyline.

Latest posts