Which flashlights?

hulk311

Newly Enlightened
Which flashlights are you guys using on your bikes? I'm looking into the N30 but it's high price got me thinking that perhaps I could ge two or three regular flashlights mounted on my bike.:thumbsup:

n4zou

Newly Enlightened
Mag-Lite 2 AA 3-watt LED flashlight powered by a dynamo so I dont need batteries.
mounted.jpg

prototype.jpg

Here is how to do it.
http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=339965

znomit

Enlightened
Beamshots please!
I hear everyone talking about fenixkaildwhatever lights being fantastic but yet to see a "here is my 20w halogen vs fenix beamshot"

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beamshots please!
I hear everyone talking about fenixkaildwhatever lights being fantastic but yet to see a "here is my 20w halogen vs fenix beamshot"

Hey, send me a 20w halogen (or fill in the blank with comparison light of choice here) and I'll be glad to oblige. :naughty:

All I've got is a crappy Performance Bike Viewpoint light, but I guess I can do that comparison for lack of anything better within reach. However, I sort of doubt that many people on this list would get much out of seeing the rather sickly output of the Viewpoint.

I do have to say that after a brief (10 minute) test drive, I do like what I'm seeing so far with the Fenix L2D lights. Gonna take the bike out for a more extended ride this evening.

diesel_dad

Newly Enlightened
I would suggest the Huntlight FT-01 XSE (the digital Cree XRE version).

It works out better than the Fenix because you can use 18650 batteries and the shape has "knobs" on both ends so that it will not slip out of a Lockblock if it's not tight enough.

Did a 60km road ride with mine yesterday on strobe in broad daylight. I had a motorist stop me to compliment me on the light since he could see it 1km away.

I'll live with another 3 or 4 ounces on my 17 pound bike for the extra safety any day of the week.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a Fenix L1D RB100 for a helmet light and a Fenix L2D CE (Cree XRE P3 bin) for a frame mounted light. Compared the Luxeon Rebel and older Cree on one and two NiMH AA cells and came to a conclusion. The Cree lights have better throw so I wait for either Q5 Cree L2D lights or maybe an R bin Cree L2D CE.

The RB100 Rebel is a very good light but in my opinion, the extra throw from the Cree versions make a better bike light.