VOX PryMate - Beefy, sturdy and cool...

Lone Wolf and Cub

Newly Enlightened
This is my newest addition in my danish collection... :D Made by my friend Jesper Voxnaes in Danmark!

[edit]

Sorry i put up the big pictures here... Maybe they where to many as well so here goes instead of those....

[endedit]

cpf_small.jpg

Last edited:

supes

Enlightened
Very nice pics!! I'm loving the blade profile. What kind of steel?

And where can I get one? :D

Lone Wolf and Cub

Newly Enlightened
Sorry Bart! Didn´t know.. lame excuse but a fact... :) Once again, sorry for all You trouble and my total disrespect for the rules regarding images.

It want happen again...

I have fixed both threads now....

Last edited:

supes

Enlightened
Lone Wolf and Cub, could you provide some links to those excellent pics that were "too big"? Can't find them on your site, would like to see them again, please. Thanks

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
pics! jesper just sent pics of my knife, should be in the mail soon. giddy with excitement. i love this fixed blade format - about 6" OAL and small blade, and at least .25" thick. small and beefy, can use for prying and most cutting tasks. more pics when it arrives :twothumbs

custom Vox PryMate with G-11 handles and blue liners.

blog1195lt2.jpg

blog1200sa2.jpg

vox

Newly Enlightened
This is the first PryMate I´ve done with semitransludent G11... Wasn´t really sure how I´d like it on there but I really like the coolness of this knife. The G11 on thick blue spacer really looks like it would glow in the dark or something.... :shock: Hope you like it as well.
take care,
Jesper

Here´s one in Green Canvas Micarta...

Gen II PryMate in handrubbed finish. ''Rangergreen original Strider G10'' (Yep, it´s from Mick! :wave: ), black vulcan fiber spacer and titanium tubes....

Last edited:

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
love the handrubbed blades as well. i thought the matte would look better with the G-11 though, just means ill have to get another Vox soon :)

precisionworks

Flashaholic
Crucible 154CM is almost identical in composition to Söderfors RWL 34 -- the biggest difference in the two is that "old production" 154CM is made by the vacuum melt process, and RWL 34 is a powdered metal product. New production 154CM is also a PM product, so the two are now almost identical. Another similar steel is Latrobe BG42, produced by the double vacuum melt process.

http://michaelwest.dk/knive/rwl34-datasheet.pdf

http://www.crucibleservice.com/eselector/prodbyapp/stainless/154cms.html

http://www.latrobesteel.com/assets/documents/Sheets/Bearing_Gear/BG42_BNG_811.pdf

All are excellent knife steels. The PM products have a finer/tighter grain structure, which polishes out really well, and gives a higher fracture strength (because of the smaller size of the carbide clusters).