Beamshots of 24 lights both LED and Incans, + Eagle WA1111, Thunder, Maglite WA1111

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Decided to have a go at some beamshots. Exposure is 6 seconds at f4 on manual all the same exposure. Distance to glass door/window is about 6 m and another 6 m to brush fence outside.

WE LED Tailcap

Amilite T5 1x CR123

Fenix L2DCE 2x AA

WE Defender II Cree HO 1x 18650

Electrolumens DeCree 1x 18650

Fenix L2DR100 2x AA

Dereelight CL1H Q2 1x 18650

Lumacraft D-Mini 1x 18650

SF E1E EO-E1R 1x RCR123

SF G2 WE 6 2x CR123

SF E2E EO-E2R 2x RCR123

SF G2 WE 3.7 1x 17670

Streamlight Scorpion TL3 2x RCR123

Mini-Maglite TL3 2x 14500

WE Sniper EO-4 1x 18650

WE Raider HO-9 2x 18500

WE Sniper EO-9 2x 18650

Leefbody P91 2x 18650

Tigerlight 8" Gen 4 275 lumen

WE Rattlesnake EO-9L 2x 18650

WE Rattlesnake EO-13 3x 18650

Furniture was rearranged a little

WE Eagle WA1111 2x 18650

WE Thunder 2x 18650

Maglite WA1111 2x C Li-ion

Some of the 2x cell lights; Maglite 2x C with WA1111, WE Thunder, WE Eagle with WA1111, WE Rattlesnake with EO-9L, WE Sniper with EO-9 and Leefbody with P91.

Last edited:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Beamshots of 13 different lights both LED and Incans

Quite excellent. Those shots give a good feel for the relative beam patterns and brightness differences between the various lights. Thanks for taking the time to shoot those and then share them with us.

KeeperSD

Enlightened

Great work and shots, very nice work. I like the way the shots include indoor and then outdoor work too by having the glass doors as a backdrop. How does the P91 go on the 18650's?

Last edited:

Grubbster

Enlightened

Thanks, I know that took a lot of work. Very nice.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great work and shots, very nice work. I like the way the shots include indoor and then outdoor work too by having the glass doors as a backdrop. How does the P91 go on the 18650's?

The P91 gives a very pleasing beam, combining it with the Leefbody and 2x 18650 cells makes this an excellent combination. "mdocod's" data shows; SF P91, 20W, 360 - 215 lumens, 43 minutes.......and yes, its oval in shape.

Just showed my wife what has kept me up late last night and she actually had a close look at the beamshots and decided that she liked the Electrolumens DeCree the most from the LED's and the EO-9 the most from the incans....there you go.....

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the beam shots! The D-Mini is pretty impressive. I might have to pick one up if they offer it with a Q5 or better. :) Did you have OP or Smooth in the Dereelight?

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the beam shots! The D-Mini is pretty impressive. I might have to pick one up if they offer it with a Q5 or better. :) Did you have OP or Smooth in the Dereelight?

OP in both, the D-Mini (original Cree) and the Dereelight (Cree Q2 version)

Jauno

Newly Enlightened
Re: Beamshots of 17 different lights both LED and Incans

Cernobila, do you have any 6v xenon, like Surefire G2 or so? It would be nice to see how they compare to their worst nightmares...Cree :naughty:

KeeperSD

Enlightened

The EO4 and the G2 with the 3.7V WE LA are close enough for a comparison since they are a 3.7V LA and he is running all his LEDs on the same voltage. Personally i will never use a 6V LA anyway, not with the running costs :broke:

I only just saw the added lights, nice collection you have just quietly. You mention your wife's favourite light, how about yours?

Just in relation to the photos what was the white balance set on?

EDIT: just looking at the pictures and keeping in mind the previous post, i think the EO4 compares quite nicely to the higher powered LEDs. Looks like the EO4 is a thrower? Similar to all the LF LA?

Last edited:

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast

The EO4 and the G2 with the 3.7V WE LA are close enough for a comparison since they are a 3.7V LA and he is running all his LEDs on the same voltage. Personally i will never use a 6V LA anyway, not with the running costs :broke:

I only just saw the added lights, nice collection you have just quietly. You mention your wife's favourite light, how about yours?

Just in relation to the photos what was the white balance set on?

EDIT: just looking at the pictures and keeping in mind the previous post, i think the EO4 compares quite nicely to the higher powered LEDs. Looks like the EO4 is a thrower? Similar to all the LF LA?

I have a WE 6V lamp somewhere, it came with the Sniper light. I will do a sample photo of it in the G2 tonight......I must say that in the LED's the DeCree is on the top of my list because of the wide spill, and in the incans, I would say the whole series of EO lamps from the 4 to the 13.....I left my camera white balance on auto, I never touch it.....Yes the EO-4 and I would say most of the EO series are designed more for throw than flood.....

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Beamshots of 18 different lights both LED and Incans (updated)

OK, just did the SF G2 WE 6V 2x CR123 combination and placed it amongst the others. I tried to rearrange them in order of centre brightness for easier comparison. I don't have the SF P60 lamp.....

nuggett

Enlightened

Very useful shots. Thanks.

EV_007

Enlightened

Excellent shots. Nice overview of the various lights.

mdocod

Flashaholic

great work. You have quite the impressive collection there.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for ALL those different shots. P91 on 2x 18650's looks like a nice combo. Wish I would have had that when I use to feed mine all those 123a's every week. Thanks again for your hard work.

phosphor

Enlightened

Thank you cernobila....VERY useful comparisons. What strikes me at first glance is the 2AA Fenix. Boy, have they taken the common and ubiquitous AA power source and given it an entirely new dimension ! It's an impressive display considering the emitter is being driven by just two AA batteries.

- regards

Last edited:

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Beamshots of 19 different lights both LED and Incans (updated)

Just received the new Fenix L2D R100 light. Added it to the line-up for comparison........