- Smooth reflector
- 2 modes clickie: high-low
- Powered by one 18650 battery

Specifications:
Dimensions: 6.69 in x 2.05 in x 2.05 in
Weight: 7.9 oz

MY OPINION IS AS FOLLOWS

My Pros: Very bright white beam.
Throws a long long way! With a tight spot and little spill. (I wanted a thrower)
Lit up a garage at 1200 feet away and spotted a raccoon infront of that garage! I know this sounds amazing but I am 100% positive of what I saw. (maybe I won the cree lottery, lol)
Build quality was very good and feels solid.
Threads were smooth with double o-rings.
Finish was perfect.
Smooth very deep reflector. (IMO this is a pro if you want a long thrower)
No battery rattle at all! (This bugs me about my $60 Inova XO3, it rattles a lot)
Useful low power mode.

My Cons: The description stated it was a 18650 only version but was sent the multipower 3.6-9v version.

My Other Thoughts: Mapsource and Garmin GPS used for distances.

I will buy another one, to be honest I will probably buy two more, lol. There were two very small smudges on the reflector and no dust visable.

My Bottomline: Please remember this is a $28 light and for $28 you can NOT go wrong or find a better thrower as this thing throws a great bright beam a long way. As you can tell I am very impressed. IMO build quality (at least with the lights I have received) was better then my Inova's (XO3 2007 version, XO original and X1) or Mags (4D Incan or 2D LED). But not as good as the Tiablo or MRV's that I have seen but that is to be expected.

In my opinion and with samples I have held build quality goes in this order.

1. MRV
2. Tiablo
3. WF-600
4. Inova (XO3 2007 model, XO original, X1)
5. Mag

phantom

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the review.:goodjob:

Could you please show us some outdoor beamshots?

How is the output of WF-600 in comparison with the MRV or Tiablo?

Gary123

Enlightened
And what is the difference between the high and low. I bought a different one a little while ago and there was very little difference.

Portage Lakes

Newly Enlightened
And what is the difference between the high and low. I bought a different one a little while ago and there was very little difference.

I just asked my wife to give me her opinion of the difference between high and low and her guess was EXACTLY the same as mine. Low is producing 40% less light then the high mode.

When I get time (tomorrow I am back to work for the week) I will do indoor/outdoor beamshots.

PL

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes i have simillar experience with my WF-600 Q2. It is really bright especially with 2xRCR123. Noticeably brighter than my Cree P4 Projection and i like WF-600 powdery finish which make a better grip. Similar brightess with WF-800 Q2 which come with longer tube and can handle 2x18650 for longer runtime.

This light can easily throw 200m(roughly), i shone a tree about that distance and can see the color of the leaves quite easily. Cant wait for R bin :)

Thanks.

phantom

Newly Enlightened
rizky p,

Have you tried WF-600 with 1x18650?

Any noticeable difference in brightness between using 1x18650 and 2xRCR123?

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
rizky p,

Have you tried WF-600 with 1x18650?

Any noticeable difference in brightness between using 1x18650 and 2xRCR123?

yes the difference is there and noticeable over longer distance, i can easily recommends this light if you are looking for a thrower. Still 2xRCR123 is brightest for this light.

Thanks.

phantom

Newly Enlightened
yes the difference is there and noticeable over longer distance, i can easily recommends this light if you are looking for a thrower. Still 2xRCR123 is brightest for this light.

Thanks.

Thank you for your kind reply.

Glow_Worm

Newly Enlightened
I received my WF-600 today, & it is also the Multi-Power version. I thought it was quite bright until I read y'alls comments on the DX site; I then tested it w/ an 18650 vs. 2 x CR123A batteries. Whoa!! 7800 vs. 12,000 Lux, & probably even a greater difference if I used RCR123's.

I emailed DX, & am awaiting their response. This is a nice light even as-is, but it obviously could be a lot brighter if optimized for an 18650 rather than a generic voltage range.

So, does anyone have this model w/ the real 18650 circuitry to comment on its performance?

--kirk

lexina

Enlightened
Is the emmiter on WF-600 accessible? How hard would be an upgrade to a Q5?

Thank you

If the WF600 is designed the same way as the WF400, it is extremely easy to access the emitter (which is on a star). Just need to remove the lens retaining ring (be careful the lens doesn't drop out), then use a needle nose plier to twist out the light engine anti-clockwise. Mine did not have any thread-locking glue so the light engine came out easily.

Portage Lakes

Newly Enlightened
I feel such a noob but before I blow my WF-600 which way does the battery go in :thinking: ?

On mine, positive is toward the LED and negative toward the clickie. There is a spring that comes in to contact with the positive and a metal post comes in to contact with the negative.

(Though, there are at least two versions of this light, 18650 only and 3.6-9v multi-power so I can not say if yours is exactly as mine)

Hope this helps.

PL

Last edited:

johnny13oi

Enlightened
How does the throw compare to the Cree Projection flashlight on DX. Which one will throw further?

TOOCOOL

Enlightened
On mine, positive is toward the LED and negative toward the clickie. There is a spring that comes in to contact with the positive and a metal post comes in to contact with the negative.

(Though, there are at least two versions of this light, 18650 only and 3.6-9v multi-power so I can not say if yours is exactly as mine)

Hope this helps.

PL

Yes it does, thank you its alive :laughing: I got the multi-power version did anyone actually get an 18650 only version , thats what I wanted:mecry: I cannot understand why DX is shipping the wrong version Kyle has been asked but there is just a wall of silence :tinfoil:

Portage Lakes

Newly Enlightened
Yes it does, thank you its alive :laughing: I got the multi-power version did anyone actually get an 18650 only version , thats what I wanted:mecry: I cannot understand why DX is shipping the wrong version Kyle has been asked but there is just a wall of silence :tinfoil:

I am glad it is working!

It is not the most expensive light I own but it is my favorite light that I own.

As far as I know, no one has received the correct 18650 only version. Though the multi-power is so nice I could not bring myself to exchange it, lol.

wai king

Newly Enlightened
I have the WF 600 Q2 that only allows the useage of 18650, 3 w cree projection and the WF 800 Q2. They're all about the same in term of brightness. :bumpit::bumpit:

wai king

Newly Enlightened
Since I have two of the 3 watt cree projection and one is brighter then the other, so I was using the brighter one to compare with. The reason I bring this up is that I think the newer 3 watt cree projection might be brighter than the earlier one.

Latest posts