Superlights - Updated 07/16/05

Kenshiro

Enlightened
Superlights - Updated 12/29/05

Hey guys,

Sorry again for the long wait.
But my site is up and running.
I'm only about half done with the site for now, but I'll update it whenever I can.

You can see many more photos of the 50, 100, 200 yard shots, as well as the 400 yard and beam pattern shots.

The individual reviews will follow as well.

Thanks again, and let me know if you have any problems.

Here's the site:

Kenshiro's Home

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Lexus

Enlightened
Re: Superlights - NOW ONLINE!!!

Kenshiro, your site is great, I hope to see more reviews and beamshots soon.

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful work.

Just one thing I noticed that might be relatively easily fixed:

On the superlights review, the url's for the beamshots etc are for "file:///blah/blah" sort of stuff instead of using the web url such as "http://webpages.charter.net/kenshiro/superlights/beampattern/beam-03.html"

I was able to guess at it and see those great shots, though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bad battery performance duly noted. You have my sympathy for dealing with that in what sounds like so many aggravating times of failed power delivery. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Kenshiro

Enlightened

Thank you all.

binky, thank you for your comment. That's exactly what I'm looking for. I've fixed the URLs, so they should work fine now.
I don't know why, but sometimes when I ftp into the site, the URL changes.

If anyone else can't see any picture that they should, please let me know.

BTW, does anyone have any comments?

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast

Kenshiro,

I just saw your site. I do have comments, but i have to get some sleep right now...rough week. Rest assured they are ALL good comments. The site looks great so far and i am excited to see its progression.

Thanks for all the hard work you and the other CPFers put into this review. I know it was fun, for most of you, but i understand that it took a LOT of work. I can't put into words how important your pictures, reviews, and thoughts are to all of us. The very fact that 1) these lights are HARD to find and 2) they require more than 3 monthly payments /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif makes it literally impossible for most of us to even have a glimpse of these lights.

Your review of opens up the door to lights we would otherwise could never compare to each other. And when/if we ever have the money to buy ONE of them, we can refer to your information in our purchasing decisions.

I have more to say...but like i said, i need some sleep. GREAT JOB!!!! and THANK YOU!

Kenshiro

Enlightened

Hello guys,
I've updated my site, and also changed the URL.
It has the review of the KumKang HID as well as the Nighthunter.
It also has all the photos from the 850 yard and 1500 yard test!

Knock yourselves out!

Be sure to let me know of any typos and stuff.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow! Looks like the MaxaBeam and MegaRay ran away with the 850 yards and 1500 yards tests...

It's amazing, because it seems like even in the 1500 yards comparison, the MB still has a bit of a focused spot remaining, whereas the MegaRay started to spill out a bit.

The Long Arm was a disappointment... I really thought it'd perform better than this...

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

car guy

Newly Enlightened

Hey Kenshiro I tried to go to your new site and it said that it is temporary unavailable something about the bandwidth and memory have been exceeded.

beamer

Newly Enlightened

I just tried,too.Must have exceeded the brightness limit.

Kenshiro

Enlightened

Wow!
I wonder what's going on? I have 1G of bandwidth per month, and I don't think I've used it up all in two days.....
I think there might be a daily limit.

Anyway, I fixed all the links I could find.
They were the second picture on the top of the KumKang review page,
all of the beam pattern shots, the 30X photo of the 850 yard test, and the 5X and 10X photos of the 50 yard test.

Everything should work fine now.

Sorry to those who couldn't access the site. Try again tomorrow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kenshiro

Enlightened

larry,
KumKang currently offers their light direct only.

e-mail them at their web site, and they will give you instructions on how to buy.