50mw CR2 Green Laser for $26.31

Illum

Flashaholic
from the looks of it....its promising
but the price kind of throws me off

the fact that is uses a CR2 battery over AAAs probes my sense of curiosity

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just took the bate...I'll post in this thread when it arrives. :)

I'm not really a laser guy, but I also took the bate a couple of days ago (within a couple of minutes of first seeing this thread!). Hopefully Craig's equipped to take some proper measurements, as I'm curious as to the actual output of these. The website does say "true advertised output 50mW rating," which, of course, makes finding out the truth much more fun!

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
The website does say "true advertised output 50mW rating," which, of course, makes finding out the truth much more fun!

50mW of what though... I didn't see anywhere that specified wavelength. Guess we can't call em liars no matter how much green comes out... :candle: Where are they being shipped from, country wise?

Illum

Flashaholic
mmm...KaiDomain [I.E. 209.249.221.21] is hosted in a server in Illinois....but from company review its
from [FONT=宋体] Main Office (China):
A1701 Shenfang Building,
Huaqiangroad, Futian,
Shenzhen, China.
[/FONT]

marianne

Newly Enlightened
aren't the kaidomain lasers the same ones as what dealextreme are selling? real cheap and pretty good value for what they are, but also real cheaply built and prone to problems...?

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was going to wait for the review but instead felt the need to make an impulse buy this week, and this was cheap enough to keep my wallet happy while still satisfying my shopping habit. Now I'll find out how much green laser I can get for $26.31.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
aren't the kaidomain lasers the same ones as what dealextreme are selling? real cheap and pretty good value for what they are, but also real cheaply built and prone to problems...?
Well, I guess I'll find out soon enough.
I'm equipped to perform spectroscopy and laser power output measurement.
Spectroscopy first in order to to determine the presence or absence of an IR filter, then at least one power output measurement.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both my 5mw and 50 mw lasers from dealXtreme are still kickin' posterior buns at this stage a month after I got them.
I did manage to juice up the performance of my 5mw with lithium AAA batteries enough for it to have a visible beam at night. :)
It temporarily worked the same magic with my 50mw too, before I switched back to nimh cells on it.
It didn't have enough heatsinking to sustain that amount of drive and kept dimming until I switched back to the nimh recharge-ables.
Not much room for overdrive with some of the stronger rated ones. ;)

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Comparing the pictures on both the Kaidomain and DealExtreme websites they do appear to sell the same lasers; except for the 50mw CR2 at Kaidomain. This laser appears to have a three sectional tube and a different warning label. Maybe its a different maker altogether which would help explain why its cheaper that the 10mw model. Whatever the case, we'll soon have a chance to see how it rates. BTW, with this laser having similar dimensions to an AA Fenix, I'm hoping it'll fit nicely in a stock Fenix holster.

Illum

Flashaholic
EDIT: :sweat:
sorry for fluffing :twak: on my part

Kiessling, I'm sure you have more humor than anyone could ask for...but its better suited for other threads :grin2:

Last edited:

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I couldn't wait, went ahead and jumped as well... This will be my first greenie.