LSD NiMH C and D Cells! At Last!!!!!!

Power Me Up

Enlightened
Last edited:

macdude22

Newly Enlightened
Very tempting, I may have to ask Santa for a couple packs for christmas fer the Mag and Fan.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah my high power mag mods need these!! They don't get used as much as the smaller lights, so they tend to discharge just sitting on the shelf.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm.
One of these NiMH D LSD holds 12 watt-hours.
A LiIon D from Kai holds about 18 watt-hours, has no self-discharge problems and costs about the same.

Ok, NiMH cells can't become impromptu grenades, but if I had to choose between the two the 50% more capacity of the LiIon cells would be very tempting indeed.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmmm, now all i have to do is wait till silverfox tests them for 180 days , before i am going to believe the advertisment.
NAW, I cant WAIT .

Burgess

Flashaholic
Waiting for the Maha C-9050 battery charger/analyzer,
which can also handle these larger sizes.

:D

_

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm hoping to use these Accupower D's (amazing b/c the Tenergys I'm using are same 10000mAh level - albeit for $6 versus $11, but not bad!)

Will a Vanson BC1HU charger be decent for these too, versus the Maha?

Burgess

Flashaholic
to john2551 --

Sorry, folks . . . .

It was just a joke. I made it up.

Notice that big, green, wide-grinning smiley-face ? :wave::whistle:

Didn't mean to get anyone's hopes up.

But, hey, now MAHA has Gotta' bring out a fancy new charger.

Why ?

Because i JUST bought their "OLD" model !

:broke:

_

jwl

Enlightened
Not yet as far as I know.

You can get Eneloop adapters which allow you to use AA cells in C and D size applications however...

Where can you buy them (the adapters)? I already have my rebate ready to send in for the free ones but as of yet have not found a place to BUY them.

Thanks.

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast

Power Me Up

Enlightened
Where can you buy them (the adapters)? I already have my rebate ready to send in for the free ones but as of yet have not found a place to BUY them.

The only place that I know of where you can buy the Eneloop branded adapters is in the kit from Costco. The kit only includes 2x C adapters and 2x D adapters, so if you're needing a lot, it's probably not the best way to go.

Thomas Distributing has Nexcell branded adapters:
http://thomasdistributing.com/shop/index.php?cPath=122_227_281

In Australia, the distributor, Master Instruments has them listed as available in packs of 2 adapters with a pair of AA Eneloops, but I don't know of any retailers actually stocking them...

Jackson

Newly Enlightened
The only place that I know of where you can buy the Eneloop branded adapters is in the kit from Costco.

Sanyo is running a promo until the end of the year. Buy any Eneloop product and get free C and D spacers.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.eneloopusa.com/pdf/eneloop_spacers_rebate_form.pdf

Though, posts I've read on this site have me questioning the utility of spacers that convert one AA into a C or D.
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm.
One of these NiMH D LSD holds 12 watt-hours.
A LiIon D from Kai holds about 18 watt-hours, has no self-discharge problems and costs about the same.

Ok, NiMH cells can't become impromptu grenades, but if I had to choose between the two the 50% more capacity of the LiIon cells would be very tempting indeed.

Remember though that Lithium Ion wear out after just a few hundred cycles and around three years. I have NiMH that are from the year 2000 which still work fine. Until they fix the lifespan of lithium ion they are still unuseable.

afahmic

Newly Enlightened

Is it just me or kaidomain and dealextreme server is really down?

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice, Thanks for the heads up. I've been waiting for someone to come out with these.