Olight T20 Q5-beamshots and runtime (now, vs P3D Q5)

Chao

Enlightened
T20-4.jpg

Olight T20 Q5 is very bright, the beam pattern has been discussed by many users, for me, the beam looks very "special", small and tight hot spot with very bright spill.

Lux reading references:
T20 Q5: 3380 lux (2xCR123A), 3280 lux (2xRCR123A) 3390 lux (unprotected 17670)
P3D P4 (smooth reflector): 3050 lux (2xCR123A)
P3D Q5 (smooth reflector): 3480 lux (2xCR123A), 3300 lux (2xRCR123A), 3520 lux (unprotected 17670)

5 m beamshots: left-right, T20 Q5 (2xCR123A), P3D P4 (2x CR123A smooth reflector), P3D Q5 (17670 smooth reflector)
T20-5m.jpg
p3d5m.jpg
P3DQ5-5m.jpg

10 m beamshots: left-right, T20 Q5 (2xCR123A), P3D P4 (2xCR123A smooth reflector), P3D Q5 (17670 smooth reflector)
T20-10m.jpg
p3d10m.jpg
P3DQ5-10m.jpg

The level1 (high) runtime claimed from manufacture is 1.5h, however I got 130 min with flat regulation:twothumbs

T20runtime.jpg

I think total output of P3D-Q5 is brighter than T20 Q5, throw and runtime in max level are identical; it's hard to tell which light is better, dependent on what flashlight size and what beam pattern you prefer.

Chao

Last edited:

Grateful Ned

Newly Enlightened
Re: Olight T20 Q5-beamshots and runtime

Exactly the comparison I am interested in - will be eager to see your Q5 vs Q5 results.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast

Chao, another nice review, but your reviews are not good for my pocketbook. I just ordered a T20Q5 from Mike at PTS after seeing this. I only glanced at the Fenix and did not realize that it was not the rebel version like mine, but I think I will still like having both lights.

Thanks again for the review!

Chao

Enlightened

Got my P3D Q5 version, beamshots were updated.
I am impressed with the improvement of P3DQ5, very bright, mine using smooth reflector .

springbok

Newly Enlightened
to me the p3d q5 seems "better" than the t20. larger spot and wider spill.

what were your findings? what was your preference?

Grateful Ned

Newly Enlightened
Great stuff, thanks. :twothumbs Any other info about differences between these lights? Sounds like the Olight has a nice feature in the light setting memory. Does the P3D have that 'flash' problem that some folks find annoying with some earlier Fenix lights - the brightest setting popping up real quick between setting changes?

Chao

Enlightened
Does the P3D have that 'flash' problem that some folks find annoying with some earlier Fenix lights - the brightest setting popping up real quick between setting changes?

My P3DQ5 does not have the problems you mentioned, I was also worried aboud these problems before I got this light.

Hi springbok, I am not sure which light will be my favorite, that's why I bought both;), I think I need time to enjoy them:).

springbok

Newly Enlightened
haha! why did i know you would say that/?! hehe enjoy both lights.
I was almost going to pull the trigger and get the T20, but then i saw your beamshots of the p3d q5, .....i might have to get that to play with. :)
only after i get my WE raider setup.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
My T120 Q5 came today. (Thanks PTS!) I was able to play around with it and my P3DR100 and Tiablo A8Q5 (and a 4d mag) tonight for about 1/2 a hour or so trying to figure out if some comparison beamshots are warranted will all the coverage each light has already gotten.

First, while the T120 is a great light, it does not by any means blow away the Fenix. They are just different types of beams. I believe each would have a task that it excels a little better than the other one for. Neither light is as bright as the tiablo, but they fit in a pocket much better.

Finally, Thanks again Chao for putting up the lux #s and beamshots. I do know one thing...all my new lights will have Q5's in them. (until something better comes along of course)

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
whats the lux of the p3d Q5 on primaries? its impossible to make a real comparison when others are primary and thats rechargible.

Chao

Enlightened
whats the lux of the p3d Q5 on primaries? its impossible to make a real comparison when others are primary and thats rechargible.

:ohgeez: my bad! These are lux readings with different kind of batteries, I also update readings in the #1 post above, either P3D or T20, the lux are a little bit lower when using RCR123A.
T20 Q5: 3380 lux (2xCR123A), 3280 lux (2xRCR123A) 3390 lux (unprotected 17670)
P3D Q5 (smooth reflector): 3480 lux (2xCR123A), 3300 lux (2xRCR123A), 3520 lux (unprotected 17670)

Chao

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks alot, its actually thrown new light on your images because i somehow presumed that it was OP the P3D Q5, im wondering now what would the picture look like if it was OP...

cmichael

Newly Enlightened

Got my P3D Q5 version, beamshots were updated.
I am impressed with the improvement of P3DQ5, very bright, mine using smooth reflector .

Did you get your smooth reflector from fenix? I think I order before you did, and I ask for swap the reflector and David said he can not do it, why your come with smooth reflector?:thinking:

Chao

Enlightened
Yes, it was from fenix-store, David help me swapped the reflector, I think he will not do that anymore, the head may not easy to open.

medicmerlynn

Newly Enlightened
again... it will take me a while to get acquainted with CPF, but Chao, that was an absolutely incredible review... gonna put the order in for the P3D Q5... seems too good to pass up! think the coolest part is the fact that it can run off the rechargeable 3.6v batts!!! also, the Fenix guys said it has been rated to run even higher so that will leave possibilities to mod it even higher with the different size cases. can't wait for mine!!!

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight WHO? :grin2: J/K! I am kinda surprised the P3D has a higher lux reading since the T20 has tighter hot spot. I'd figure it is from the T20 having the half OP half SMO reflector and the Fenix P3D having the SMO reflector which it allows it to beat out the T20. I have a P3D P4 that David put a Q5 in and I can swap SMO an OP reflectors in it.

Thanks for the review and great comparison!

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Chao, first off, great review!:thumbsup: I've been looking for a replacement for my older P3D-CE and I was looking at simply upgrading to the Q5. I was wondering if you have any lux readings / beam shots with the OP reflector. Also, any comparisons with the Rebel 100?

I'm going to do a search to see if there are any reviews with P3D-Q5, Rebel 100 and Olight but I thought I'd ask since I found this thread.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Hi RGB_LED, I don't have readings and beamshots of P3D with OP reflector or Rebel100 LED, but generally, SMO should have more throw than OP reflector. Selfbuilt did great comparisons of P2D with P4, R100 and Q5, https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/180263
wish this helpful.
Thx Chao, I've seen Selfbuilt's thread - I think I'm convinced that the P3D Q5 is the way to go.