rwolfenstein

Enlightened
Any recommendations on decent 18350 batteries? I like the ones you can charge via the micro usb port on them or a usb c. Thanks as always gents!

Msf

Enlightened
Had good luck with the Vapcell 18350s, but they don't have usb charging ports. I had a three lights that came with 18350s that had internal USB ports. An acebeam branded that came with an Acebeam TK17 that seemed to provide similar runtimes to my 1100mah Vapcells. Same luck with Manker branded one that came in my Manker MC13 and another that came in a Jetbeam RRT01. The downside is that they are considerably longer than Most 18350s and that can be an issue with some lights (crushing the battery or not being able to tighten the flashlight enough to make the circuit complete). That said, the batteries are available for purchase from the respective brands websites, and they seem to be very decent batteries delivering runtimes on par with my Vapcell 1100mah batteries, and they all seem to handle running at maximum power in their respective lights fairly well.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire 1100 mAh cells if you want ones with micro usb. Orbtronic 1200 mAh cells if you can do without usb and want most powerful. Vapcell or Epoch if you want cheap cells.

Lawman VII XIV

Newly Enlightened
Similar question, asked before but no answers. My Thrunite Catapult Mini arrived with a battery (18350) on life support and was pronounced just a couple of days later. It will charge up and die before my eyes is seconds. So basically, Dr. McCoy has pronounced.

I should have sent it all back, but didn't so shame on me.

The battery is branded Thrunite but looks to be non-proprietary. It charges in the flashlight or dedicated charger (which I don't have). So I'm looking for a replacement.

So what say you on a good quality 18350 battery. Are there higher capacity batteries (but still of good quality)?

I notice some battery specs state High Drain and some don't. Does High Drain mean suitable for hight output use such as Turbo on uber bright lights?

Last edited:

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have only ever used Keeppower UH1835P IMR18350 10A 1100mAh, since 2020. I now have 14 of them, but they're all still good, so I never had a reason to try another label or chemistry, and I'll be purchasing 10 more in a little over a week for new lights. I like INR chem also, but bear in mind that IMR LiMn Lithium Manganese is older chemistry and known to provide beyond 500 recharges if the cells are not abused, but it is suspected INR, which is a newer hybrid chemistry, LiNiMnCoO2 Lithium Nickle Manganese Cobolt, will have difficulty holding capacity beyond 250-300 recharges. To my knowledge, no one has complained, but it might just be there hasn't been enough time yet for INR users to have worn out their cells. I also started using INR14500 Vapcell H10 in 2020, now have 24 of them, and they've been awesome, but I just don't use them as much as the IMR18350, so haven't put as many recharges on them in 2 years. I have a couple AW IMR18650 20A 3000mAh I got in 2016 that easily have over 500 recharges, and if they have lost some capacity, it can't be much because I can't tell, and they still put out amps.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I'd probably go with the SF cell, at least initially. Per FL1, that's the cell they used for all the measurements for their specs on their 18350 lights. If there are Support questions / issues, having that single-source also eliminates a few questions / possible finger-pointing regarding the cell(s) you're using. Also, having the USB charging available is a good option to have (whether you generally use it or not), and no worries with the fitment because it's sold for their light(s). Having a single point of responsibility has its advantages, although it's not free - but also if I trust them enough to use their lights, I'll trust them enough to use their cells. They have an extra incentive to ensure those are hi-quality merch, and a good name / reputation to protect. Unlike some companies, they've been around a long time, and I'm confident they'll be around tomorrow. From a product liability / warranty standpoint (if you consider such things), it also has some advantages.

I echo chillinn's post above regarding the reliability and chemistry of KeepPower cells. I've been using them regularly for about three years; they hold a charge for a really long time, and none have experienced any decrease in maximum voltage after being charged. Also be aware that KeepPower offers both button-top and flat-top cells. The model numbers of these cells often differ by only one letter or number. Some lights will accept only one format, so be sure that whatever you order is appropriate for your light and/or other application.