• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 18500 E2e clickie body by FIVEMEGA

Burman

Newly Enlightened
Received my body yesterday, Thank you! Looks very nice :thumbsup:

2-3.jpg

ideefixe

Newly Enlightened
This 18500 body goes well with a Surefire KL4 head. KL4 runs cooler on a 18500 compared to running off 2xCR123s. The 18500 body is easier to grip due to the larger diameter and the aggressive knurling. I have small hands and I find that the original L4 body is a bit too skinny to grip comfortably. My new "L4" is now the same length and feel as my L1 Cree, which I like very much. The lack of a tailcap is great, I think. E series tailcaps never really made much sense to me since you still have to change battery from the front. Good job, FM!

who

Newly Enlightened
This 18500 body goes well with a Surefire KL4 head. KL4 runs cooler on a 18500 compared to running off 2xCR123s. The 18500 body is easier to grip due to the larger diameter and the aggressive knurling. I have small hands and I find that the original L4 body is a bit too skinny to grip comfortably. My new "L4" is now the same length and feel as my L1 Cree, which I like very much. The lack of a tailcap is great, I think. E series tailcaps never really made much sense to me since you still have to change battery from the front. Good job, FM!
A friendly comment here, as ideefixe was the one who ordered two 18500 bodies, one was for me. :)
I hope ideefixe did not run his KL4 on 2xRCR123, because the heat should be the same with 2xCR123. That what regulation is for.
The L4 was slim for a reason, as are all E series. Otherwise, we have a similar size as in the C series. Think BMW 3, 5, 6, and 7 series.
Same for a separate tail cap. That was designed so the user can have modularity. Twisty, clickie, 2-stages, and more.
Loading from the front is there to facilitate the slim body.
The E series is one of Surefire most brilliant design. Without it, there would not be any Aleph, TnC, TB, Leef, Mirage, on and on…:twothumbs

SIERRA

Newly Enlightened
Hi

I'll take #14, one replacement switch and 2 switch seals. PP on the way, Thanks!!!

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just recieved it and they're great with some modification. For some reason the body doesn't initially work with my Aleph2 head and Surefire KL4 head. I have to put a solder ring spacer to make contact with the negative contact on the threading. (I this normal?)

Otherwise, It's nicely made! The knurling is aggressive and grippy, the thread action is smooth, and the switch is easy to operate.

Thanks for the speedy service!

elnino

Enlightened
PayPal sent for:

(1) #15 E series 18500 body $32
(1) Extra replacement switch $4
(1) Extra replacement switch seal $1

Thanks.

Dorky1

Newly Enlightened
I had the same negative contact problem fitting a KL4 to the body. I cut 1 loop of spring off an old P60 size bulb and stuck it in the KL4 head. The outward spring tension holds the spring in the head and solved the contact problem. Since I have 2 extra bezels and batteries it time to....

:paypal: for #16 & #17 plus 2x switches, 2x seals, shipping = $80 :twothumbs

frisco

Enlightened
Just got the battery for mine........ Love it! Great work! KL4 works perfect on mine!

PM sent for #18

frisco

Last edited:

Brightboy1

Newly Enlightened
I'll take
#22 E series 18500 body $32
extra replacement switch $4
extra replacement switch seal $1
shipping to states $3

total $40

Thanks