18650 Adapter for Maglite?

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

I need a better (less specialized) battery pack for this light. I was considering 26650 batteries but seen as no other light I use takes these batteries I'd be better served getting some 18650 cells.

Does anyone make and/or sell 18650 adapters for Maglites? I'm not sure I can fit them in a 3s2p configuration so it'll probably have to be straight 3s (I'm not at home to check at this moment).

- Matt

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many people used to run an WA1185 in 3D M*g using 3 protected 18650 in PVC tube and modified tail spring.

You can also use 3S/2P 18650 in 3.75D similar to
this but longer body (70mm longer than 2S/2P 18650).

If you can get dual bored 3.75 M*g, I do have some connector parts.

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like your body isn't bored, so two 18xxx cells will not fit in it side by side. They would be 36mm across, and the tube was made for 32mm cells.

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast
So you want a sleeve. Easy for US people, not so easy to find in Oz.
Bunnings have some washing machine hose that fits 18650s really well (26mm outside diameter) with a problem...
It's squashed on the roll and I have tried lots of heating but it's really hard to get it round again.

Notice FiveMega's "Adapter Adapter" sales thread - I bought lots of the D to 26mm adapter sleeves.
The bunnings washing machine hose slides inside, takes a bit of force. The fit is so tight it forces the washing machine hose round.

If you do want to try some of the bunnings hose it's fairly cheap, white, with a grooved outer (grooves run lengthwise)
It has "Boston 19mm (3/4inch) " printed in red.

MartinDWhite

Enlightened
I have made several delrin adapters for people to hold various sizes and length of cells in various flashlights. PM me if you are interested in a custom sized sleeve. There are some pictures in a CPFMP thread linked from my signature.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Odd my notifications are not working for this thread...

Anyway, thanks for the replies. I'll PM Martin first and go from there. I put a lot of effort into my maglite so a semi professional adapter would be nice. Failing that I'll head to Bunnings for the upteenth time (it feels like I live there in weekends) and make something.

Cheers!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Latest posts