18650 + Micro-USB = MH20?

Enhancer

Newly Enlightened
Hi there!

Since my first serious flashlight Xeno E03 started playing tricks on me, I thought it is time to look for something else. I have quite a bunch of Eneloops and a good charger for them, I thought to stay on AA lights. When looking for replacement for the Xeno I realised that there seems to be a growing market for these micro-usb rechargeable lamps using 18650.

Nitecore MH20 seems quite perfect for me, magnetic tail would be a nice addition to the product for my use though. Seems that people have had deals for around 50$ for this, so is there a real challenger for MH20 in its class? For this price range I can´t see a reason why I would purchase a separate charger for these lithium cells, since this MH20 would have it all and I could use my existing power bricks to charge the light.

ateupwithgolf

Enlightened
If this is to be your primary light then I think it would be a good choice. I have a TM26 and I enjoy just plugging it in. I also have a MH20 on the way just to see how I like it vs. my p12gt. Good luck.

Enhancer

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the replies.

I am aware of those 2 options for the white. The neutral white is newer and I always think that manufacturing processes get tweaked as time goes so that little problems that might occur along the way will get ironed out.

Do you have any deals that you could point me to for the MH20 neutral white? I understood that there is some kind of group buy here in the forum but as a new user I cant send a PM? :(.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am aware of those 2 options for the white. The neutral white is newer and I always think that manufacturing processes get tweaked as time goes so that little problems that might occur along the way will get ironed out.

Do you have any deals that you could point me to for the MH20 neutral white? I understood that there is some kind of group buy here in the forum but as a new user I cant send a PM? :(.

All you need is 3 posts approved by the moderators, then you are a member of CPF then you have PMs and can participate in the group buys. Then your house starts filling up with flashlights in reverse proportion to the contents of your wallet. :)

Enhancer

Newly Enlightened
All you need is 3 posts approved by the moderators, then you are a member of CPF then you have PMs and can participate in the group buys. Then your house starts filling up with flashlights in reverse proportion to the contents of your wallet. :)

OMG.. So in theory the moderator who accepts this message will be liable for my bankruptcy? :D

Shall the Pandoras box be open then.

I knew UC30 is also out there, but to me it seems that MH20 is somehow in upper class, but these days there is no big price difference between these two.

MH27 is a bit big and all those color leds etc. are not for me.

Thank you for the ideas though, I think I will go with MH20NW, maybe from the group buy.

ateupwithgolf

Enlightened

So funny, but so true!

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast

Are you in the US, Canada, Europe, exc?

I got mine from Amazon.ca. I think there is a group buy for it too.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ther-killer-deal-(4500K-back-in-stock!)/page7

Last edited:

Enhancer

Newly Enlightened
From Europe, Finland to be exact.

I went along with the GB here in the forum, deal was amazing. No other lights in the range could compete with it.

Shipment notice came a moment ago, so now it's just waiting in the darkness :D.

anvilis

Newly Enlightened
I am looking at an MH20 as well. Has anyone with an MH20 had problems with the USB port failing to charge at some point? Generally, the more you insert and remove cables, the higher the chance you'll have a flaky port. I'm curious about build quality.

7tisix

Newly Enlightened
If this is to be your primary light then I think it would be a good choice. I have a TM26 and I enjoy just plugging it in. I also have a MH20 on the way just to see how I like it vs. my p12gt. Good luck.
So how you like it vs the P12GT?