• If low turns on at 12:00 med starts @ 2:30 and high is 7:00 and stops
  • Requires two hands to rotate

Click images for larger view (Twisty on right in Beamshot):

RA-Twisty-6373.jpg RA-Twisty-6350.jpg RA-Twisty-6349.jpg

RA-Twisty-6347.jpg RA-Twisty-6345.jpg RA-Twisty-6340.jpg

RA-Twisty-6338.jpg RA-Twisty-6388.jpg RA-Twisty-6333.jpg

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
NICE! Thx for the pic! I'm lovin the SN & writing on the bezel! :)

Dang it, now I gotta go look at my mailbox again to see if mine has arrived:sigh:

Mayo

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you order it from Batterystation?? Their website still says "not yet in stock" but of course they are going to fill backorders first. How long ago did you place your order??
:wave:

rtt

Enlightened
Nice light. Hope it meets your expectations! Thanks for posting pictures.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
It looks like the wall thickness of the twisty is more then the hds.Is that right? Does the bezel come off easy?

Rob

Newly Enlightened
The bezel easily unscrews. With the right pin tool the electronics should also easily unscrew.

The OD is exactly the same, and the battery's OD hasn't changed, but the design of getting battery ground has changed along with the thread pitch.

Click for larger:

Last edited:

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
a RA Twisty compared to an EDC U85:

• Has no inductor whine
(Twisty on right in Beamshot):

I'm a big fan of "no inductor whine". That was always one of my gripes about the EDC series. I've had three of them pass through my hands, and two of those three had unacceptably loud whines (at least to my admittedly oversensitive ears).

From the beamshots, the U85 has a noticeably wider spill angle. It also seems to be equally bright compared to the new Ra. I guess where the Ra wins is that it can maintain that level of brightness for a much longer period of time, while the U85 is going to poop out due to overtemperature (~5 minutes?) or cell depletion (~30 minutes?).

If the color balance of that photo is true, I'd choose the yellow/green tint of the U85 over the blue/purple tint of the Ra. It's good to know the tint lottery is still alive and well. ;)

Rob

Newly Enlightened
Added a belt clip (Click for larger view)
RA-Twisty-6398.jpg RA-Twisty-6400.jpg RA-Twisty-6401.jpg
If someone has an unloved HDS spring steel clip, email Rob at Logan.com with what you want to make my U85 hole again :). I'd even consider one attached to an old HDS.

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Added a belt clip .
You are a brave man. I would destroy the whole light with my skills :D.

I am still telling myself that I don't really need this flashlight, but it's getting to hard to resist :ohgeez:.
The only thing I am not liking are the threads - they still look a bit to "thin" (if I take SureFire threads as the golden standard), constant twisting may wear out the aluminum threads by time? (If they were at least anodized or from a harder metal?). Maybe it's not an issue at all...

Rob

Newly Enlightened
after drilling, everything is lined up, so I dropped a tap in the collet. Much easer to keep things going straight.

The new barrel threads are much deeper than the old EDC threads. Very solid.

Last edited:

paxxus

Enlightened
Interesting switch design. I can't quite understand how it works, probably the tube presses against those two wires and somehow one makes contact before the other, but it's not entirely clear to me. Looks rather simple though, which is good.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, looks like a "double kilroy". Kilroy is the little beryllium wire nose used in Don's PD designs to make first contact for low. Seems Henry has stacked a higher and lower one for the first two modes, and when one gets grounded all the way to the circuit board, you get high mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.