Conversion of an Ra Twisty to a Nichia Triple.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
nerd.gif
I think I was a school with him!
Updated first post.
P

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
By the way, when do you get a flashlight, insert this drilled reflector into it, please, we wonder how this option will shine in the form of a mule :)

p.s
If you find a small single TIR, which fit into this drilled reflector, you can get a great thrower. True too narrow a beam will kill the EDC application. Yesterday I uncovered my e2d and decided to walk with him at dusk after the rain, it is hell.. if i look at the spot then night vision collapses and I see nothing beyond the beam and eyes get tired, if I look beyond the beam, I see it badly and fall into the pits and puddles and stumble. But this happens only at twilight time.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
By the way, when do you get a flashlight, insert this drilled reflector into it, please, we wonder how this option will shine in the form of a mule :)
I guess I could have built a mule, but at the outputs that I'm intending to use, I think the light would be too dispersed to be useful.
P

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does one determine the gauge wire of the driver leads?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dunno, I'm using AWG24 which is what most people use, I think. It's rated for 3.5 amps according to this...
https://www.powerstream.com/Wire_Size.htm

Plus, any bigger and it would be a s*d to solder to the MCPCB.
I'm only intending this to be run at 500Lm max, more like 300. Which is why I think the HDS Driver will do the job. I don't want a Barnburner as I want to stay true to Henry's philosopy and have a light that's going to keep on going.
P

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have now finished the light, but my server, that I keep all my pictures on, has died. It's all recoverable, but I need a few days to fix it.
Normal sevice will be resumed shortly.
P

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll race you to it!

I just wanted to put in a plug for the Icarus Driver. I'm very impressed with its simplicity of programming and its build quality.
Jason has been very helpful too.
It well worth he extra money as far as I'm concerned.
I've managed to program it using a Quark 123 body and Tactical tail taped into the Ra head.
taped.jpg

I have it programmed to a similar setup to my HDS, first twist about 35%, second twist about 1% and double twist 70%. No Memory.
As before, this is a program and forget light. So happy to have found it.
P

Edit: I take it all back, now that I've practised I can program the light with the twisty tail, it just takes patience.
P

Last edited: