Ra Twisty

Status
Not open for further replies.

lumenlover2

Newly Enlightened
+1 for low white for better colour redention as for the warmer tint.

Just a sidenote... has anyone thought about replacing the 2 small o-rings directly on top and under the lens with GITD ?

If they are available in that size it should make for a nice glow into the lens and reflector.

SaturnNyne

Enlightened
My only concern is that 1) it's going to be a very large 1 x 123 light and 2) will me much heavier than my other single cell lights.
The Twisty is definitely a large 1 x 123, but after handling one I now see it as a potential positive. The increased length fits my large hand just about perfectly, unlike the older EDCs which fit entirely within my fist and whose spills tend to get significantly obscured by the edge of my palm. The Ra is a very comfortable light to hold.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
The Twisty is definitely a large 1 x 123, but after handling one I now see it as a potential positive. The increased length fits my large hand just about perfectly, unlike the older EDCs which fit entirely within my fist and whose spills tend to get significantly obscured by the edge of my palm. The Ra is a very comfortable light to hold.

Thanks. In a clicky light, that's were I really appreciate the longer length. In a twisty, I'm not so sure. I'll post some comments after I get mine.

txmatt

Enlightened
Gotta call Battery Station tomorrow because I didn't receive the Battery Caddy with 4 batteries.

Just following up to say BS is taking care of me as expected: good folks to work with.

I'm really liking the TW100: nice beam pattern, great construction, very solid, etc. It's kinda stiff to turn, which I hope loosens up a bit. I don't know that I'll even mess with reprogramming the levels: the factory ones are fine. Very nice little light.

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
got my TW100 as well. beam has a tighter hotspot and is a bit more floody compared to a 120P. beam is "greener" compared to the 120P, but definitely not "green". construction is solid as hell. somewhat heavy and longer than expected, but both fine with me. threads are stiffish, but thats fine - if i want one handed operation ill get a clickie. for this, i was super super rugged, and it seems like itll fit the bill nicely. added a split ring and a small carabiner to the end. will probably leave the levels alone as well - the low is pretty low and ive already forgot to turn it all the way from high a few times while playing with it :p

cant wait for the Ra Clickie! definitely up for one of those as well.

The Coach

Enlightened
Finally got mine too. Nice light, but unfortunately, it came the same day as my Spy005, so it will be a while before I can give my impressions. :whistle:

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Henry has brought to market an absolutely amazing light, perfection in design and execution.

Spent an hour out in the woods and fields tonight with the 120P and my new Ra Twisty 120-T.
Here are just a few random thoughts in comparing the two. Both lights had a fresh 100% ZTS
SF123 cell. I've had (5) NovaTac 120P's for comparison, this one has the nicest beam of the five.

- The Ra 120-T has a less defined hot spot. The 120P has a nice transition beam, but the 120-T
is much better.
- The Ra 120-T is brighter. Several times I illuminated distant objects and quizzed my wife, every
time she picked the 120-T as being brighter.
- The Ra 120-T throws slightly further. If it wasn't for instant side-by-side feedback, it would be
hard to tell though.
- The Ra 120-T tint is very white compared to the warmer tint of the 120P.

I was very pleased to feel the twisty action is firm (my preference).

If the weather is good, tomorrow night I'll take the 120-T snorkeling.

End of random thoughts.

THANKS Henry for the Twisty. :twothumbs

You just had to try one out didn't ya?

:poke:

Glad you liked it! I like mine too:thumbsup:

ArtFranklin

Newly Enlightened
UPS driver-released my Twisty tonight. I'm at work, dying to get my hands on it. A quick phone call to a buddy, and I have my light!!!

Thank you BatteryStation! My 85-TR arrived in perfect condition, with a 4 pack of Energizer batteries, grease, and o ring.

This is one impressive work of industrial art. Form meets function. I almost hate to say it, but I can't wait to see how it preforms in smoke...

Thanks again!

sbebenelli

Enlightened
Thanks. In a clicky light, that's were I really appreciate the longer length. In a twisty, I'm not so sure. I'll post some comments after I get mine.

TIN, when you get your Twisty I'd be interested in a review from you. I respect your opinions and will be curious on your thoughts of the light.

I really like mine. It's just simple and seems very well made. It is longer than some but shorter than others. Surefire L1 one for example. The only complaint I have is the stiffness of the o'ring.

fleegs

Enlightened
What I observed.

1. It appears that the twisty uses the body of the light for current flow which I may not like if dirty threads impact the light (e.g., flickering)

2. When using in the mouth it is a little front heavy (which I think is due to using SS bezel)

3. The switching between low and medium sometimes is a little flaky (i.e., twist travel not always the same). I may be crazy. Tested again I think I am.

4. My medium setting seems bright. I would be amazed if I could get 8hrs runtime.

5. What is the minumum runtime on low? Not stated in manual and can't find it on their website.

All the good as been said already.

Rob

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
What I observed.

1. It appears that the twisty uses the body of the light for current flow which I may not like if dirty threads impact the light (e.g., flickering)

2. When using in the mouth it is a little front heavy (which I think is due to using SS bezel)

3. The switching between low and medium sometimes is a little flaky (i.e., twist travel not always the same). I may be crazy. Tested again I think I am.

4. My medium setting seems bright. I would be amazed if I could get 8hrs runtime.

5. What is the minumum runtime on low? Not stated in manual and can't find it on their website.

All the good as been said already.

Rob

I'll be able to answer #4 in the morning. I'm testing exactly that (MED) as we speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.