My Olight T25 regular version (with beamshots and runtimes)

Chao

Enlightened
T25-1.jpg
T25-2.jpg

My Olight T25 was purchased from batteryjunction, Some important specifications (copied from batteryjunction):
*Uses 2 X AA batteries - primary or NiMh/NiCd rechargeable. (1-4V input)
*Ultra Efficient, State of the art CREE 7090 XR-E Q5 WC LED 190 lumens on high!
*Deeper and fully textured orange peel metal reflector ensures a smooth beam and excellent throw.
*MIL-SPEC Type III black hard anodized finish.
*152.8mmx25mmm
*Output/Runtime: 190lm/1.5 hrs, 90lm/5 hrs, 45lm/12 hrs, 15lm/33 hrs, 6lm/80 hrs, Strobe: 190lm/2hrs, SOS: High/3 hrs, Low 40hrs

Output levels operation:
Twisting head for 5 levels brightness selection, and click the reversed tail button for on/off, strobe and SOS.

T25-4.jpg
T25-5.jpg

T25 is bigger than the Fenix L2D Q5, it uses deeper textured reflector instead of the "hybrid" reflector that T20 used.

Lux readings at 1meter
Level 1: 267 lux
Level 2: 560 lux
Level 3: 1182 lux
Level 4: 2580 lux
Level 5: 5880 lux

The total output is a little higher than L2D Q5, and thanks for this new designed OP reflector, it generates a smooth beam and bright hot spot.

Here are beamshots
5m shots, left to right: L2DQ5, T25Q5, TK10Q5
L2DQ5-5m.jpg
T25-5m.jpg
TK10-5m.jpg

10m shots, left to right: L2DQ5, T25Q5, TK10Q5
L2DQ5-10m.jpg
T25-10m.jpg
TK10-10m.jpg

Runtimes:
CPF-T25-runtime.jpg

After playing T25 for couple days, briefly, I like T25 very much, bright (with good throw), nice looking, good quality, and the easy UI for multiple output selection, although I still prefer the UI in my fenix L2D.

Last edited:

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
This look SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!:thumbsup: This will be my next light. I wonder how it will run on Energizer lithiums or oxyrides??

Mike

yekim

Enlightened
My wallet is beginning to scream. I have been looking for a decent upgrade from my old L2D and so far nothing has panned out, but this Olight seems to be just the ticket. Is the holster that comes with it worthwhile? Do the threads/interior have a coating on them? What do the threads look like? I sometimes burn through several sets of batteries a day and threads getting gummed up and contacts corroded/dirty on my L2D has irritated me before.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holster is decent, threads are anodized, smooth and lubricated on battery side, unadozied, smooth and lub'd at the top. Threads are cleanly cut.

revmarktx

Newly Enlightened
Chao,

Thanks for reviewing the T25 against the L2D Q5. I am trying to make up my mind which 2AA light I want to get the L2D or the T25. (I know the answer is get both). The L2D looks like it has wider and brighter spill from the pictures, is that what you observed? How much brighter does the T25 look than the L2d overall? If you could buy just one, which one would you get? I like that I can convert the L2D head to 1AA or CR123. I am leaning towards the L2D unless someone can convince me otherwise. Is there really a problem with running the L2D Q5 on turbo for more than a fem minutes at a time.

Thanks
Reverend Mark

Chao

Enlightened
Holster is decent, threads are anodized, smooth and lubricated on battery side, unadozied, smooth and lub'd at the top. Threads are cleanly cut.

Thanks Matt, yes, the threads are very smooth and I think it should be very reliable.

Chao,

Thanks for reviewing the T25 against the L2D Q5. I am trying to make up my mind which 2AA light I want to get the L2D or the T25. (I know the answer is get both). The L2D looks like it has wider and brighter spill from the pictures, is that what you observed? How much brighter does the T25 look than the L2d overall? If you could buy just one, which one would you get? I like that I can convert the L2D head to 1AA or CR123. I am leaning towards the L2D unless someone can convince me otherwise. Is there really a problem with running the L2D Q5 on turbo for more than a fem minutes at a time.

Thanks
Reverend Mark

Buy both, you already know my answer:devil:
Both are nice lights, the L2D has wilder spill than T25, and T25 is brighter (not much, about <10 lum range). I am not sure whether L2D Q5 running more than minutes will have problem, at least I sure T25 has no problem.
If you don't mind the size, and have many fenix lights already, and like a clip attached, you can try T25, the throw is really nice.

yekim

Enlightened
Usual no, I am using it on my bicycle for 30 minutes at a time.

But don't put it in a pocket and turn it on :poof:

My L2D is not a Q5 but I have left it on several times on Turbo inadvertently without issue, other than to find my light warm and my batteries dead.

I am having trouble leaving my L2d because I have yet to find anything brighter (nitecore, SF L2, Dexlight, R2 drop in, modded lights) that still use AA's and carry nicely at work. As plain as the Fenix Holsters are they work well and last for a year or so at my job, and are cheap.

IS the Clip on the T25 removable? Also I am not sure what the differences are between this version and the Tactical.

Flashlight Enthusiast
i was hoping some one had bought one and would review one, looks good enough for me

Chao

Enlightened
IS the Clip on the T25 removable? Also I am not sure what the differences are between this version and the Tactical.

The clip can be removed. I think the tatical version uses forward click tail cap for momentary on, and the different levels of output and strobe, SOS were all controled by the the head.

What were your lux readings for the different levels of the L2D Q5?

Those are readings of my L2D Q5 (smooth reflector):
low 315 lux
medium 1063 lux
high 2010 lux
Turbo 3750 lux

HKJ

Flashaholic
Also I am not sure what the differences are between this version and the Tactical.

The tactical has removed two of the 5 levels, i.e. level 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 -> 1, 3 and 5. Then they have added sos and strobe.

The 5 levels on OLights are to close for me, so I like it with only 3 levels.

The tube on the T25 has a larger diameter than AA cells, the batteries in my T25 rattles (The L2D does not).

The T25 is brighter than L2D, but has a more concentrated beam.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tactical has removed two of the 5 levels, i.e. level 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 -> 1, 3 and 5. Then they have added sos and strobe.

It's not so simple. Levels in Tactical are brighter (level 1 5800 lux/1m vs. 5300 lux/1m) and more efficient - runtime 1:32h (level 1, with higher brightness) vs. 1:12h in Regular.

HKJ

Flashaholic
It's not so simple. Levels in Tactical are brighter (level 1 5800 lux/1m vs. 5300 lux/1m) and more efficient - runtime 1:32h (level 1, with higher brightness) vs. 1:12h in Regular.

That might be productions variations, the specifications for the tactical and regular specify the same output.
Both are specified at max.: 190 lumen/1.5 hours