An enlightened to the rescue

Zen|th

Newly Enlightened
Just a few hours ago (9.30pm), a few of us had a little gathering at a friends place and one of my friend accidentally left his car keys in his locked car!

So we had to try pry open the door as the victim lost his spare set of car keys too! So the only way was to try opening the door by force. As it was quite dark, people were using their only source of light which is the phone light to 'light up' the place.

Then soon, I rescued the people in distress with my E1B! And I am sure u can guess the WOWs and the WHOAs part! But it came to a WAT!!!! when i told them the price.. :D But it was worth it!

The only thing that i was saying to myself the whole time was "My battery... :mecry:"

1996alnl

Enlightened
I've stopped telling people what my lights cost..their ignorance has gotten a bit annoning.
None flashoholics always refer flashlights to cheap plastic 2D pieces of junk and all of them should cost no more than $25.
I'm always asked "how much" not how many lumens or how far can that beam throw?

Last edited:

Dave Keith

Newly Enlightened
It's hard not to think about battery discharge, but ultimately, that kind of situation is why you "carry."

As to cost, I'm in Texas (so chitchat is obligatory) and rural (so asking was friendly and not prying). Yesterday I'm in the post office getting a money order for my latest acquisition and mention that it is a birthday present for myself. When the clerk asks how much on the MO and I reply she says, "Wow, that must be SOME flashlight!"

I just smiled big and said, "Yep, it sure is!"

You were in the right place at the right time with the right equipment. :twothumbs

Zen|th

Newly Enlightened
It's hard not to think about battery discharge, but ultimately, that kind of situation is why you "carry."

As to cost, I'm in Texas (so chitchat is obligatory) and rural (so asking was friendly and not prying). Yesterday I'm in the post office getting a money order for my latest acquisition and mention that it is a birthday present for myself. When the clerk asks how much on the MO and I reply she says, "Wow, that must be SOME flashlight!"

I just smiled big and said, "Yep, it sure is!"

You were in the right place at the right time with the right equipment. :twothumbs

Haha, but at least now in church i am recognised as the "Surefire boy"! It's a wonderful nickname! :twothumbs

Guess what, today my little E1B saved the day once again! One of the church worker wanted to climb up into the the plastered ceiling to check for something. And guess what, he straight came to me and asked for my little baby! I was reluctant to leave it with him but hey, what's the point of having a light and not letting others get mesmerized by it? :thinking: So i just gave it to him.

I was glad that he thought of me first as a flashlight 'producer' instead of taking the D-cell lights which were kept in the store!

2 saves in 2 days! WOW!:laughing:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
The danger of letting someone using your most prized light is, if they drop
it ...... :)mad:eek:n concrete :thumbsdow )
What I do now, if I let them use my light, I tie the lanyard around their
necks :D ...... but seriously I just ask them to tie the lanyard around their
wrist :twothumbs

Dave Keith

Newly Enlightened
Well, Zenith, that is a real coincident since the money order I was sending was for a Surefire E1B! My church meets in an old building and we have plenty of dark corners where a little extra light helps.

TX101, you might want to take a clue from some of us who love, carry, and use fountain pens. We always cringe when asked for a pen to use by someone who is used to BICs and Sharpies. The solution is to carry a ballpoint specifically to hand to the "less enlightened." Now to me, that is a perfect reason to carry another flashlight; one for me, and one to loan!

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, Zenith, that is a real coincident since the money order I was sending was for a Surefire E1B! My church meets in an old building and we have plenty of dark corners where a little extra light helps.

TX101, you might want to take a clue from some of us who love, carry, and use fountain pens. We always cringe when asked for a pen to use by someone who is used to BICs and Sharpies. The solution is to carry a ballpoint specifically to hand to the "less enlightened." Now to me, that is a perfect reason to carry another flashlight; one for me, and one to loan!

+1 which is why i usually have some DX fauxtons with me to hand out, while keeping my Fenix E01 and Jetbeam Jet III Pro ST and Jet I Mk II and Romisen RC-C3 with me at all times, NO ONE gets any of these in their hands.

Zen|th

Newly Enlightened
Zen|th,

Are CR123s expensive in Malaysia, how much do they cost and are you running Sure Fire 123s?

Bill

Hi Bill, yes Im running on surefire primaries. Here in Malaysia it costs about RM11 per piece... the exchange rate for here and the US is about 3.4? Its very expensive here... The E1B costs RM899! It is almost half the price if i were to ship it in from the States than buying from here. Im just fraid of the warranty.. I do not wan to have to send the product all the way back to US with the risk of having it being lost in the shipping..

And Dave, Im sure when ur backup arrives, it will blow everyone's minds off! The church will be a little brighter with you there now! :thumbsup:

sims2k

Enlightened

Ball pens and flashlights ... two items that I always carry with me. Love the Cross pens but I also keep BIC pens to loan...I once loaned my gold Cross pen to someone at church and never got it back. The same for my Fenix L2DCE ... loaned it to someone at at friend's house and never got it back because no one seems to know where the flashlight went. That's why I also carry a mini maglite with me...

1996alnl

Enlightened
Ball pens and flashlights ... two items that I always carry with me. Love the Cross pens but I also keep BIC pens to loan...I once loaned my gold Cross pen to someone at church and never got it back. The same for my Fenix L2DCE ... loaned it to someone at at friend's house and never got it back because no one seems to know where the flashlight went. That's why I also carry a mini maglite with me...

Or you can say "sorry, no" when someone wants to borrow something you have that's expensive.

Latest posts