GTA Get Together - New Year, new thread :D

ackbar

Enlightened
***UPDATE***
Last night's turnout wasn't as good as we expected. It was a combination of prior commitments and bad weather. We will be heading out one last time during Earth Hour if anyone is interested.

We are having the meet on Sat March 28st @ 7pm
PRAY FOR DARKNESS! :D

Eric from Photon Gears has generously offered to donate a prize if we can get 10 bodies or more.

Last edited:

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys, I'll be in Toronto for the next 12 months, so count me in :party:. I've got no idea where those places are, but anywhere's fine with me as long as it's in reach of public transport, preferably TTC.

EDIT: Looked at google maps, I prefer High Park.

Last edited:

Centropolis

Enlightened
I vote for High Park area again but why do we have to wait until March? That's like a long time from now!?

I really REALLY want to see those weird looks from other people at Starbuck's again! I can't wait that long! :laughing:

We can do this...this is Canada! We can be outside in the winter too.....just dress appropriately.

ackbar

Enlightened
I really REALLY want to see those weird looks from other people at Starbuck's again! I can't wait that long! :laughing:

You are on your own there bud.. A couple of those girls were quite cute and therefore I would not like to repeat! :p

Centropolis

Enlightened
You are on your own there bud.. A couple of those girls were quite cute and therefore I would not like to repeat! :p

That's why I am looking to buy a 3 x 18650 Leef body and use it on my M4 head so that I can whip out the big one when one of those girls come over. :D

Seriously, can't we have one meet earlier?

Max Brightness

Enlightened
I prefer high park.

Ackbar and I had a night hike in high park on the weekend. It was a great night, though the park gets a little more ambient light in the winter. No problem we just bring the brighter lights. Thanks for the mag85 ackbar.

I'm looking forward to the meetup to see what's new around the table. I was holding out for a surefire optimus but the word is I may be waiting a looooooong time. I'll need to find more info on this lunasol20.

Last edited:

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, I'd be interested in a sooner meeting too. I haven't had a chance to use my flashlights in Toronto yet. I won't look so weird if I'm with a group of other people.

I hear you about the high ambient lighting around here, it makes all your lights look dimmer :(

Centropolis

Enlightened
Hey, I'd be interested in a sooner meeting too. I haven't had a chance to use my flashlights in Toronto yet. I won't look so weird if I'm with a group of other people.

I hear you about the high ambient lighting around here, it makes all your lights look dimmer :(

Well, if you were inside a Starbuck's and saw 8 people sitting around with over 100 expensive shot glasses in front of them on 3 tables....would you think they're weird? I would......

No...we're weird.....

Centropolis

Enlightened
So Centropolis, since you've been on your Surefire buying spree, Ackbar and I were hoping you'd have a surefire M6 to compare with his mag85. :grin2:

I am probably not going to buy an M6 any time soon. For the amount of money, I am probably going to wait and spend it on the new SF products like the LED version of the M3.

I am also looking for a DBS too. I also bought a Raw NS and a Wee NS and should get them by the third week of next month.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm good for where ever. As long as it's dark.

If we're moving it up from March you guys better tell me that means I gotta put the final touches on my MC-E U2 soon.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nuts! I only brought 4 lights with me from the UK, I'm already feeling inadequately prepared compared with the other CPFers. On the bright side, I'll take this opportunity to build up my Surefire collection. SF's are way overpriced in the UK.

I'd like to get the new A2L Aviator and the M3LT head for my M6 (which I don't have with me). Nobody knows when and if they're coming out though.

Centropolis

Enlightened
Nuts! I only brought 4 lights with me from the UK, I'm already feeling inadequately prepared compared with the other CPFers. On the bright side, I'll take this opportunity to build up my Surefire collection. SF's are way overpriced in the UK.

I'd like to get the new A2L Aviator and the M3LT head for my M6 (which I don't have with me). Nobody knows when and if they're coming out though.

Well, there is no need to feel inadequate. We share the same passion for flashlights and that's all we need. A lot of people buy them based on their disposable income...not everyone can afford to buy a new light every month.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, there is no need to feel inadequate. We share the same passion for flashlights and that's all we need. A lot of people buy them based on their disposable income...not everyone can afford to buy a new light every month.

Exactly....

Save the inadequacy for when I fire up my HID.:crackup: