What's your take on the popularity or lack thereof concerning reverse clickies?

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish there was a petition to sign and send off to manufacturers requesting that all reverse clickies should be burned in an incinerator :crazy: :p
Kidding aside, if I'm interested in a light but find out that it sports a reverse clickie, I often reconsider and seek out something else. When I want illumination, I want it as simply and instantly as possible. The added step of 'releasing the button' is too much addt'l work for me. IMO, the light should come on when you press the button, not when you release it. The only appliances I feel should work the other way are portable propane heaters.

Last edited:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: *Sign Here* if you HATE Reverse Clickies

So, I am not alone in my hatred of reverse clickies :D
But I bet if there was a poll one third would be in favour of
forward clickies, one third for reverse clickies and the last third
dont care.

I say gather all the reverse clickies together, put them in a rocket
and fire the rocket into the sun .... its the only way to be sure :p

kramer5150

Flashaholic

I think hate is too strong of a word, because I can pretty much get used to anything with enough mental adjustment. But they are my least favorite by a small margin.

Fortunately twist caps with momentary forward (my preference) are seen as the cheap low-end option so many times those lights are cheaper:twothumbs

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, I favour forward clickies too - but it´s not hate towards the reverse. I just don´t like them and don´t buy them. I´d rather use twisties with momentary than reverse clickies.

Eric

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't really hate them but I seriously dislike them in single mode lights.

DM51

Flashaholic

I think it would be a sensible idea for you to edit your thread title. As it stands, it is just likely to encourage extremes of opinion. It is unnecessary and provocative (and if you think about it, actually rather absurd) to express hatred for a type of light-switch.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Don't hate them, but prefer forward clickie. On similar topic I don't like twistie with momentary either.

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't hate reverse clickies, but I also don't own any. :shrug:

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think it would be a sensible idea for you to edit your thread title. As it stands, it is just likely to encourage extremes of opinion. It is unnecessary and provocative (and if you think about it, actually rather absurd) to express hatred for a type of light-switch.
Point well stated, I'll do that now. And I agree about the absurdity too, not really sure what I was thinking :ohgeez:

brucec

Enlightened

Reverse clickies are not so bad. Some of my favorite lights use reverse clickies. To tell the truth, I've never thought about changing them to forward. It doesn't necessarily make the light better or worse, just a different way to turn it on. The whole package is more important than just the switch. And I like to keep my switch options open.:cool:

s23246g

Newly Enlightened
I MUCH prefer the forward clickie, because a reverse clickie is very hard to use tactically.

p1fiend

Newly Enlightened
I could add a forward clicky to my P2D, but then it wouldn't go in my pocket with my keys.

I'll only trust a reverse clicky in my pocket with keys, since it is much harder to activate than a forward clicky.

Therefore, I for one appreciate the peace of mind a reverse clicky provides. :wave:

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I cannot hate what I don't have, personally I'm anti rubber!:tinfoil:

PD all the way!:naughty:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I really dislike them, but fortunately they are usually in cheaper lights as they are cheaper and easier to make in a reliable fashion.

BUT ... IMHO those multi-click lights are better off with reverse clickies. You don't need to click through the menu, you cna scroll through it without clicking. I would imagine that beneficial to the function of those lights.
Of course, I personally dislike those lights, too :p

bernie

Gary123

Enlightened
I also much prefer forward clickies. But a couple points might need to be made here.

ONE: I believe that forward clickies have the highest failure rate among switches, and that reverse clickies are supposed to be far more reliable than forward. But I can't say I've experienced this problem, so I can't comment on this.

TWO: In high amperage applications, forward clickies are toast and cannot hold a candle to reverse clickies. I just found this out as I am designing a high output torch to have custom made. I'm not sure, but I think the difference between two quality switches could be something like 1.5A (forward) vs 10A (reverse). This could have relevance to #1 above.

THREE: I love my Huntlight FT01-X (?) light. I know its a reverse clickie so I don't really have a momentary, but its a wonderful light that comes on high and without looking, with 4 quick pumps I'm down to a nice very low output level.

1dash1

Enlightened
I prefer forward clickies with momentary on, but I don't dislike reverse clickies.

Just as I prefer clickies to twisties, but I don't dislike twisties. ;)