Seattle area get together....

zx7dave

Enlightened
Just wanted to throw out some feelers if there was a plan or at least interest for a Seattle area (Western WA) get together for summer '09? If so where/when? Memorial Day weekend?

CLHC

Flashaholic
Will be keeping my eyes open here. There was supposed to be a USN shoot out yesterday (Saturday) with the WA members, but that "ball" got "dropped"! :huh:

zx7dave

Enlightened
Sorry...what is USN? I am always up for smaller gatherings, or just meeting other Flashaholic's in the area...

Gunnerboy

Enlightened
Hey Dave,

Great meeting you today. You have the baddest SF collection I've seen!

Yeah, I'd be interested in local get-together.

I'm a member of USN, albeit primarily as a lurker.

Gary

zx7dave

Enlightened
So do we want to wait for summer or are we looking at something sooner? Obivously summertime has a better opportunity for better weather...however since all my lights are waterproof I guess I am ready anytime :naughty:

Gary really enjoyed our visit, thanks for the kind words. As we spoke of definately need to do the next time in the dusk/dark to enjoy the lights...

I'm in! There was some discussion last summer of having one in or near Seattle again. I don't have much of a preference as far as spring vs. summer.

zx7dave: I'm sure us PNW flashaholics have lots of waterproof lights.

Last time, we had PhantomPhoton, Mike@PTS, metalhed, Peewee, myself, and some family and friends.

russthetoolman, da.gee, Wattnot, Buck, stansbrew, CLHC, chizel, Gunnerboy?, and greenLED? expressed interest last year but didn't make it. Hopefully some of them can make it this time.

I had blanked out a new wiki page on my company's server for a meetup this year, feel free to use it. http://wiki.innovativegeeks.com/index.php5?title=CPFNW_2009

da.gee

Enlightened
The location for me was not convenient last year. I would consider something closer to the Seattle area proper. My in-laws live in Camano Island so something up that way would make sense for me too.

zx7dave

Enlightened
I'm in! There was some discussion last summer of having one in or near Seattle again. I don't have much of a preference as far as spring vs. summer.

zx7dave: I'm sure us PNW flashaholics have lots of waterproof lights.

Last time, we had PhantomPhoton, Mike@PTS, metalhed, Peewee, myself, and some family and friends.

russthetoolman, da.gee, Wattnot, Buck, stansbrew, CLHC, chizel, Gunnerboy?, and greenLED? expressed interest last year but didn't make it. Hopefully some of them can make it this time.

I had blanked out a new wiki page on my company's server for a meetup this year, feel free to use it. http://wiki.innovativegeeks.com/index.php5?title=CPFNW_2009

The waterproof bit was a joke of course...I assume just about all lights are waterproof nowdays....

The September 2007 get-together was at Magnuson Park in Seattle. I think it would be a good location to do it again. There are plenty of long-range targets, and there aren't very many lights in or near the park. It is, more or less, "in" the city, so there's still a lot of ambient light when it's overcast.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd say Magnuson park would be a good place to go again. Not enough die-hards seem to be up for roughing it in the great outdoors plus keeping it closer to Seattle will hopefully allow more people to make it.

I'd stay away from memorial day weekend for two reasons, first its a big family day so that may keep some people away. Second memorial day is only a month off of the solstice, so it'll be almost 10pm before the light show can really start.

Being the hardcore flashaholic that I am I'd love to see one sooner in mid-spring and one later toward the end of summer. :devil:

Think the weather will be forgiving to us in February? But I should be able to make it almost anywhere in the NW most Saturday nights.

Last edited:
I agree with Phantom that spring or late summer would work better. I have a weekly D&D game on Saturday nights, and the people I play with have been at the prior CPF get-togethers. Any Saturday night we should have no problem driving down to the park.

zx7dave, if you want to use my Wiki page to help organize this, you should add a link to your OP for quick access. I already added a link to this thread. If anyone needs help editing the page just ask, but it's fairly self-explanatory if you click "edit" at the top.

zx7dave

Enlightened
zx7dave, if you want to use my Wiki page to help organize this, you should add a link to your OP for quick access. I already added a link to this thread. If anyone needs help editing the page just ask, but it's fairly self-explanatory if you click "edit" at the top.

I added my name there. Will be a good start for everyone interested to throw their name up there....I'm game for late spring. How does Apr 18th sound to everyone?

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Hopefully no "conflict of interest" like the last time on my part. Nevertheless, I'll be watching this thread. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
April 18th looks good for me. Shouldn't be a problem to make it up there that I can see right now.

:grouphug: