• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Custom Anodized Makos, Warm White & Standard White

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Everyone,

Several months ago in the old Mako thread I mentioned that I had saved a few Makos to get some custom work done. I sent them off to Peter Atwood for anodizing, and they arrived back here a few days ago; I'm quite pleased with how they've turned out:

3598599710_b4ddf7cfd3.jpg

The two lights on the ends in the photo above have a patterned effect on their surface, and the rest are solid colors and "tropical" swirls.

For these 10 builds, Ive got some warm white LEDs that have a fairly incandescent character to them that I can use, or the original run LEDs that are a fairly neutral-cool white.

A full set of details on the Mako is available here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/215004

All of these lights will be built-to-order with your choice of LED, and given that each one is different from one another, please stake claim here for which you'd like to avoid double orders, and send me an e-mail at [email protected]. From left to right, each light is designated by a number from 1 to 10.

These are available for $130 plus shipping - once I receive your e-mail and verify that the light is available, I'll send you back an e-mail with the necessary payment details.

And finally, I also have two Makos from the original run, with tritium slots and the standard LED available for $115 plus shipping.

Thanks folks!

-Enrique

Last edited:

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Folks,

Numbers 1, 3, and 6 are claimed, all others are still available. :)

-Enrique

Last edited:

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey folks,

Just wanted to drop a quick note here - I have gotten these all assembled, potted, and ready to go, and will be shipping them out this week to you, and refunding the shipping costs due to the delay in getting these out to you. I got called out on a trip that I wasn't expecting to need to take when I originally posted this thread, and I apologize for the length of time it has taken for me to get to building these up.

All of the lights listed in the first post are now built with warm white LEDs, for any of you who are still looking at picking up one of the Makos.

-Enrique

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Endeavour,

Not necessary for refund of shipping (but still appreciated), my buying has slowed down - so the anticipation of lights arriving is maintained by slow shipments. :grin2:

Mako is my favorite travel light with the trit I put in the tail.

Neale

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Neale: I'm glad to see the light made it over. Now you know my pain in attempting to photograph these lights. :) The way the parts look, is dependent on the lighting, and while this is true for anything you take a picture of, it's particularly so for these anodized lights since the colors change significantly with each lighted setting. Though I like how all of these turned out, you actually got the light that was my favorite from the lot; Nos. 1 and 10 were really something else. Hope you enjoy it!

-Enrique

Latest posts