2800 kelvin led flash light wtb

Cattle69

Newly Enlightened
I have been looking for a warmer white led flashlight. My friends and I have always used a 2800K sylvania bulb with a tractor light housing for spot lighting animals. It seems this light is easier on their eyes can anyone tell me where you can buy a light that is like this? Or can you buy a filter to screw on a light? Any and all help is appreciated as I have not been able to figure this out. Thank you. We would love for it to reach 300-400 yds.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Convoy C8 is available with in warm white option that should lie between 3000 and 3250 Kelvin. Look for the XP-L HI 7A option. There's not a lot of lights that use emitters that warm.

It is powered by a rechargeable 18650-size lithium ion battery. With these batteries it is important to buy from a reputable source (unfortunately Amazon is not, for this category of product) to ensure you get a quality cell, and to use a known good charge like this from XTar. It is also often recommended to use a protected cell, although the C8 has low voltage protection, which provides much of the benefit of a protected cell in this kind of use case.

The Noctigon K1 is an even longer distance throw light available with a 3000K Luminus SST-20 LED as one of the options. Its 21700-size lithium ion battery will be a little less common (although I think both Convoy and Noctigon can include a battery with the order), but has a decent amount more capacity. The light has a very sophisticated user interface (might be more complex than some people like), and built-in USB charging.

Last edited: