2xAAA to Lithium replacement (side-by-side)

I have a couple of devices that have AAA batteries in side-by-side (where both + and - are on top). Uses one of those dinky steel battery connectors on the bottom.

Are there any lipo or similar setups where I could grind out some plastic and drop in a pouch battery? I could use a pair of LiIon AAAs in parallel but it would get tricky cutting the connection at the top and running new wires.

Mostly the form factor seems to be key.

Thanks for any suggestions-

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I have a couple of devices that have AAA batteries in side-by-side (where both + and - are on top). Uses one of those dinky steel battery connectors on the bottom.

Are there any lipo or similar setups where I could grind out some plastic and drop in a pouch battery? I could use a pair of LiIon AAAs in parallel but it would get tricky cutting the connection at the top and running new wires.

Mostly the form factor seems to be key.

Thanks for any suggestions-
I thought about doing similar on remotes but rather replacing the alkaleaks with 20XX coin cells on a holder with springs so I can have batteries in rarely used remotes to avoid alkaleakage. I've instead opted for Energizer lithium AAAs when I find them on sale in some devices.

nqhzdkdf

Newly Enlightened
You wrote li-ion. What voltage does the device support? Probably about 3 or 3.2V max would be what the double AAA-device is been designed to work at. Your idea seems to be to insert a li-ion cell that have 4.2V when fully charged. Have you checked the circuit of the device if it can work with such a high voltage?