Power outage in restaurant last night

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Had a chance to use a couple of my lights last night - we'd gone for our Christmas night out and with 15 of us around the table tucking into our starters when the lights in the restaurant went out. There were some candles on the tables, so we weren't plunged into total darkness, but it was dim enough to make it difficult to eat without spilling stuff.

Luckily I had my Quark on my belt. No tailstanding with the tactical of course, but the guy next to me had a glass of ginger beer so I set the Quark down on the table with the lens up against the base of the glass, which promptly lit up making an excellent lantern.

In the darkness, even the 22 Lumen setting was plenty - almost too bright. While trying to reprogram it to moonlight I discovered one of the shortcomings in this situation: reprogramming the tactical involves several sequences of really bright flashes, which isn't the best thing to be setting off in a darkened room full of people !

As we left, several people asked for help finding bags, gloves and so on in the dark. By this time I'd finally got the Quark set on moonlight, but luckily there was a Fauxton on my car keys, so we used that to look for the various objects. Always carry two !

It turns out that the substation across the way had tripped, so we didn't get to finish our meal. At least I got to try out my lights but I feel really sorry for the restaurant: must have lost a lot of business on one of the busiest nights of the year, through no fault of their own.

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Had a chance to use a couple of my lights last night - we'd gone for our Christmas night out and with 15 of us around the table tucking into our starters when the lights in the restaurant went out. There were some candles on the tables, so we weren't plunged into total darkness, but it was dim enough to make it difficult to eat without spilling stuff.

Luckily I had my Quark on my belt. No tailstanding with the tactical of course, but the guy next to me had a glass of ginger beer so I set the Quark down on the table with the lens up against the base of the glass, which promptly lit up making an excellent lantern.

In the darkness, even the 22 Lumen setting was plenty - almost too bright. While trying to reprogram it to moonlight I discovered one of the shortcomings in this situation: reprogramming the tactical involves several sequences of really bright flashes, which isn't the best thing to be setting off in a darkened room full of people !

As we left, several people asked for help finding bags, gloves and so on in the dark. By this time I'd finally got the Quark set on moonlight, but luckily there was a Fauxton on my car keys, so we used that to look for the various objects. Always carry two !

It turns out that the substation across the way had tripped, so we didn't get to finish our meal. At least I got to try out my lights but I feel really sorry for the restaurant: must have lost a lot of business on one of the busiest nights of the year, through no fault of their own.