4AA Flood and Throw

DMitchell

Banned
Hi everyone! This is my first post, and I am looking for 2 flashlights. I would like them to take 4AA batteries in each light, and have one of the lights with a flood beam, and the other light a thrower. I have been looking at the Dorcy CyberLight 41-4750, and the Streamlight ProPolymer 68201. If there are any other lights in this price range that I should be looking at please let me know.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
First off, do you plan to use alkaline or nimh batteries? If alkalines then go with what you have looked at because the higher end lights all really need nimh batteries to get the best performance and avoid a battery leakage which will ruin your light. With the nimh batts also comes the need for a good charger such as a La-Crosse BC700 so that the batteries don't get cooked in a fast charger and receive the maximum charge.

Anyways, the Nitecore EA4 is an excellent thrower. I have one in neutral tint and love it. Easy to use UI and will do every bit of 200yds. Good runtimes for me and can be an edc light. Also the Fenix e40 is a good thrower from what I have read but it doesn't have the spill the EA4 has. I have also heard the Sunwayman M40A is a a throwy AA light and the Blackshadow Padme appears to be a thrower.

For a flood you have the choice of a Fenix LD41 or a Jetbeam PA40 (believe the PA40 is depending on the reflector).

Welcoome to CPF and hope you figure this out, wouldn't mind seeing what results from this myself. I also suggest using the search to see what you may find.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about the Thrunite TN4A ?

Beam Distance: 326m
Output :1150 Lumens
Peak Beam Intensity: 26640

...even has firefly mode of 0.5 Lumens

Latest posts