50mw CR2 Green Laser for $26.31

instinct

Newly Enlightened
I got my unit today.. The battery that ended up coming with it was bunk... I had to buy a new one.. but it works really good now.

Last edited:

Hemlock Mike

Enlightened
The case OL is 3.942" x 0.744" Dia.
AND OOps..... at 41 mW output total, the IR output is 3.07 mW --My mistake.

The CR2 cell provided measures 0.597' Dia Max and the Ultrafire TR12570 800 mA rechargeable measures 0.598" Dia Max. The bore of the module measures 0.610"

Mike

panflute

Newly Enlightened
Mine came in from Hong Kong - took maybe 3 weeks to arrive, but it did.
The beam is bright, but not 50 mw. Maybe 20-25? For the price is it fine.
Is there a pot in this to adjust?

Hemlock Mike

Enlightened
Pan ---
There'a no pot in mine. I tried jumpering resistors with a 4.7Kohm to see if I could increase the current and most every try shut it off. When it's warm and charged, it will hit 52 mW for a short time !!

Mike

instinct

Newly Enlightened
By the way.. I should mention, i ordered one of these for myself and my girlfriend ordered me one for my birthday so now I have two of them.. They are both pretty similar in brightness, but one is obviously brighter than the other.. but not by much.. I would guess about a 10mw difference at most.. but I'm no expert.. This is the first pointer i've bought (i have two other laser projectors though).. I'm very satisfied for the price.. None of my friends could believe it was on $30.

MaxIcon

Newly Enlightened
I ordered mine 12/10/07, and it arrived today, 1/8/08. I figure things got slowed down by the Christmas shipping rush.

Mine came with a Phenixoptics brand battery, labeled half in Chinese, half in English, with 200809 stamped on it (whatever that means).

I'm pretty impressed with this thing. It's very solid and heavy, feels very well made, and is extremely bright (but I don't have anything but red lasers to compare it to). We played with it turned on for 4-5 minutes, and it got a little warm, but never faltered.

It's damp weather here in San Jose, and the beam from this thing lances off into the night sky, very visible, like a 200 yard light saber. When it's drizzling a bit, it really sparkles. No low clouds to bounce it off of, but it lights up every tree I can see.

My wife's not very impressed with optics toys, but she said "Wow! Cool!" over this. Then she asked "What do you use it for?"

Even though I didn't have a good answer, I want to order more!

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine finally arrived but there have been some problems with them. At first nether would turn on. Took them apart, really cranked down on the threads then tried again and they worked. Sometimes one is much brighter than the other but after fiddling with it it gets closer. The other is bright at first then gets dimmer then a bit brighter again. I'm not sure if it's the contacts in the body and switch or the laser module themselves but they aren't very consistent. The tail switch is pretty wobbly but I can't be sure that's a contributing factor to the inconsistent output.

-LT

instinct

Newly Enlightened
Totally worth the wait. I want to order another, but I'm not sure if I should get the Ultrafire 90MW one..

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered one yesterday. I have never owned a laser. And i figure for the price it's worth the gamble.

Shane

X_Marine

Enlightened
I grabbed one of these about 6months ago and was very pleased. Takes 1 cr2 and will knock out streetlights a block away. Not nearly as good a gauge as dr_lava or Hemlock Mike but it works for me.. lol

Only prob with the bottle type is switch is to easy to turn on and because I hang it in the car it will sometimes come unscrewed and dump bat on floor. Think it needs an Oring. :thinking:
GL.
X..

Hey, what about the other 50mW here? Same price, different case... same hardware inside maybe?

633167001422656250_med2.JPG

http://www.kaidomain.com/WEBUI/ProductDetail.aspx?TranID=2180

How are Kaidomain's pen-style laser pointers? They list up to 150mW!

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, what about the other 50mW here? Same price, different case... same hardware inside maybe?

633167001422656250_med2.JPG

http://www.kaidomain.com/WEBUI/ProductDetail.aspx?TranID=2180

How are Kaidomain's pen-style laser pointers? They list up to 150mW!

A friend of mine has the 125mw. I saw it yesterday for the first time. Seemed like a nice little piece of hardware. Nice little case and everything. And we nearly set fire to his mousepad with it lol accidently. I dont have any equipment to take a reading but I may buy one and send it to the LED Museum for a bench test.

Shane

A

ash057

I recieved my Kai 50mw today and only get a dot with no beam,,, I read through the posts in this thread and obviously it should be brighter than this. I tried replacing the battery but it is still the same. This doesnt seem any brighter then your run of the mill laser pointer. Any suggestions?

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine has shipped but only god knows when i'll get it. My friend that i mentioned above ordered one as well. So we'll have 2 side by side to compare notes.

Shane

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well the mail lady just dropped it off :) It's oddly heavy for its size and god it's bright. I do also like the case that it comes in. The spot is definately bigger than my WL Core 5mw from the same distance so that is likely a biproduct of cheaper manufacturer. But overall, as long as it doesnt crap out on me within the next day or 2 i'll say it's worth the $27

Shane

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
The two I've had were both brighter than a 5 mw greenie, but visibly less dim than a measured 35 mw pointer. If I were to guess, the brighter of the two is 20 to 25 mW, and the dimmer one is about 15 mW.

Both came with good Panasonic CR2 Lithium cells.

instinct

Newly Enlightened
One of my two that I ordered crapped out.. I'm going to see if I can get it to work.. the other one is still working.. anyways.. even if it only worked for a month or so... It was still worth the $27...

MMXER

Newly Enlightened
I ordered one of these. It will be nice to see how it compares to my pot modded one that burns plastic.