The Sleeper

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
10MCP Thor
DSC00362.JPG

50W HID LightForce Blitz
DSC00199.JPG

The Sleeper spot, throw and flood all in one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
DSC00483.JPG

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Later
Sway

PS: I am not responsible for The Sleeper credit belongs elsewhere to be revealed at an undisclosed date.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

turbodog

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
kongfuchicken said:
What did that building do to you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like a church. They probably thought it was the second coming. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
With that much sidespill and the wide spotlight beam....i'm gonna guess a dual 50 watt HID system. Maybe something with two reflectors like that one 3 million candlepower spotlight.

Or is this a new spotlight using HMI bulbs?

I'm dying to know what it is exactly. I hate when you guys keep us in suspense!

MenaceSQL

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened
I think my diaper needs changing after seeing that! (photon controlled bladder mod = very bad idea)

What the heck is in that light?? aside from a nuclear reactor!

PeterW

Enlightened
Metal halide ($$$$) or someone has gone 36V with the Osrams... Come on, own up! Do I have to change my superlight modding plans AGAIN!

'The Sleeper', so I guess it doesn't LOOK impressive, don't tell me it is a Mag with a large power cable out the back?!?!

Cheers

PEterW

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm, that does appear rather bright /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Doesn't seem to have a superhot central beam like the other two. Rather it looks fat and dense enough that you could club a whale with it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Wilkey

TheQase

Newly Enlightened
sway, do you have the Beast in your posession? I was snooping around your server, and noticed this picture, entitled "beast.jpg"

are you holding out on us? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

beast.jpg

jtice

Flashaholic
lol looks like a fricken lightning bolt running through the beam ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I dont beleave that is the Beast you are thinking of, I think it might be one of his crazy creations. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PeterW

Enlightened
Looks a bit like a scene out of Ghostbusters?!

Give us a hint about the likely number of lumens ans the likely runtime?? Self contained or does it have a backpack of a power supply??

Cheers

PEterW

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Humm,

What I can tell you the light is fully portable and is the first that I have seen on this magnitude using 1 light engine. Despite its massive flood lighting the whole side of the building the light has throw way past several hundred yards, it has been discussed here before by it's owner and creator.

Later
Sway

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Megaray...

hmmm...

As far as i can remember, the short-arc HID they use for the Megaray and Maxabeam can't produce the same amount of lumens as the longer-arc (D2S bulb) HIDs. But i don't know about Megaray's 175W HID system. It may be possible to outdo the rest.

Sway, is it a modified light or a stock (untouched) light.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm...

(sorry i'm accessing my brain)

... IS this maybe Kenshiro's creation the Ken2 or somthing light that? If i remember it was a 250W 24V incandescent. It had a honkin huge spot that outdid even the X990.