6P regular bezel vs. strike bezel: which one do you prefer?

Yapo

Enlightened
I think he meant because of the length of the bezel up front (crenelated part), spill is lost. I have three 6P's, one of which has a strike bezel, and the difference is very noticeable because of it. The light is cut off because of the crenellation.

Yep thats what i meant.

and bspofford, i also did try using the Solarforce without the head on by holding the my P60 drop-in inplace to turn it on and the spill spreads alot more.
Diameter of spill with head on at 3 feet away is about the same as diameter of spill from bare droppin from 2 feet away.

...my bezel is glued on and i havent managed to get it off yet but i reckon they could/should have made the bezel 5mm shorter

...i might get the stainless steel bezel head if i cant get it off and sand it down n buff it up like you did to reflect more light

Last edited:

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
So nobody here actually used it for what's designed for - to strike at things???

I've struck many cardboard boxes and an easter chocolate bunny with mines (just for fun)...that's about it. :naughty::thumbsup:

Still I like the tactical look they give a 6P-type flashlight, so that's mainly why I use them...

bspofford

Enlightened
If you routinely set your flashlights down on their sides, then crenulated/strike bezels wouldn't offer any protection against leaving it on. I always set my lights head down on their bezels, and the only time I had one overheat because it was left on was with a light having a flat bezel. The stainless steel bezels on my Fenix T1, Novatacs, Solarforce L2, and Surefire lights protect the glass and don't show wear like my other lights.

LumenMan

Enlightened
I prefer the standard bezel due it's slightly more compact size. I never realized the reduced side spill potential with the strike bezel.