A geeky dad with his flashlights embarasses his daughter! :)

Chuck289

Enlightened
great story. Since recently discovering the convenience of holstering things, i am often wearing an abnormal number of lights as well. At least 3-5 on my belt split between either side balanced with a big multi-tool. Obviously this leaves my normally full left pocket mostly empty, room for more lights!

I think this is actually one of the reasons I'll carry more than I need sometimes. I'll have a multi-tool and a light on my belt then think "hmmm, a little heavy on the left side, how do I fix this....."

Just put another light on the right side to counter balance! :D

Illum

Flashaholic
Although I admit ... I wouldn't know where to put 7 lights on me. Usually I carry one. When I take a second, I get "the look" from my wife.

A little improvising usually goes pretty far:p
I could probably wear a Kilt with a T-shirt and conceal a surefire M6 if I was so inclined

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
A little improvising usually goes pretty far:p
I could probably wear a Kilt with a T-shirt and conceal a surefire M6 if I was so inclined

You would have much better luck with tight jeans.

crackup.gif
crackup.gif
crackup.gif

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
During the weekend I was out one night and realized that I only had a fauxton with me, on the keychain. I felt a little insecure, disappointed, and possibly ashamed. Twice I had to help a friend locate some things in a garage at night with poor lighting. Of all the nights... :sick2:

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know this is a little forward, but what situation do you imagine finding yourself in were 7+ lights would come in handy? If you carry that many for some other reason, what is it? To be brutally honest it strikes me as a little unhealthy, and although it is the nature of such communities to reinforce uncommon behavior, sometimes a little self reflection on an individual and group level is in order.

Eh, maybe. Or maybe I'll just get a new light, stuff it in my pocket and just forget about it. That's easy to do over the winter when I have a jacket on with lots of cargo pockets.

Over the summer, not so much. One or two "real" lights, and of course the keychain stuff.

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't want to speak for Mike but, sometimes we (flashaholics) carry a lot of lights at night just to try them, try different batteries, compare lights and brightnesses, compare the same lights with different batteries, especially new ones with old ones. If you looked at it from the perspective of how many lights did he actually need, and over compensated that, then your missing some of what it's all about here.
Most of the time I have one light in my pocket and one light on my key chain. But there are times I have 4 or 5 on me. Especially when doing any of the previously explained.

Bill

Nothing quite so intelligent on my part. I just have a lot of pockets!

BOUT2HUNT

Newly Enlightened
Great story, as my wife was reading it, over my shoulder, she busted out laughing and said, "NOW YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL"!

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice story, thanks for sharing.
Another metal detector story for you -
My friend from work had to pay a speeding fine in a local court here in the UK. He walked through the metal detector and it went off, keys on the table, nope, loose change out of his pocket, nope, belt off, nope and so it went on. The nice lady gets the magic wand detector and goes all over him, no problem. Walks through and it goes off again! Just then the cleaner stops mopping the floor and says "are those steel toecap boots sir?"
Opps, yep got it.

MiniLux

Newly Enlightened
Yet one more metal detector story :grin2:
Some years ago I was on a cruise with my son who was 17 years old then.
When returning to the ship from an excursion, we had to pass a metal detector.
Of course, it started peeping when I passed through :devil:
Ok, emptied my pockets ... cellphone ... camera ... small Victorinox ... keys ... spare money ... GPS ... pocket mirror ... goggles ... ballpens ... lighters ... TL-2 .... TL-3 ... Innova X5 ... Eternalight ... Stylus ... spare batteries ...
My son was behind me, together with another young man who suddenly exclaimed: "Now, if he gets out a rocket-launcher, I'll freak out!!" :crackup:
My son, very embarassed, just kept silent, fainting not to know me :whistle:

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
During the weekend I was out one night and realized that I only had a fauxton with me, on the keychain. I felt a little insecure, disappointed, and possibly ashamed. Twice I had to help a friend locate some things in a garage at night with poor lighting. Of all the nights... :sick2:

Haha, I've had that exact experience. Went to work with only a fauxton once because I forgot to pack my lights. I was really dissapointed with myself as not only do I need a decent light to walk home with, but we have poor lighting at work especially upstairs and power outages. The lights did flicker a couple of times that day but no outages :thumbsup:. Lucky for me as if the lights did go out I know everyone would ask me for help and I would have to let them down.