aa mag mod

mcw8118

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys I have done alot of searching and know some of the bulb choice that are available for the push in style bulb which the aa mag is. I've done the Rop for my 2c and have several other mods under my belt, but was looking for a decently powered bulb that wont melt the plastic housing of the plastic lense and reflector of the minimag. So basically I guess I was wondering what the highest wattage could work in it safely. I would be using two 14500 lithium bateries for a 6 volt bulb. And also is the socket a G4? it would only be like a wow light so even if the internal could hold up for like thirty seconds at a time thats no big deal.

Thanks,
Mike

Sampolainen

Newly Enlightened
What you're describing there is pretty much the Auroralite hotwire kit. Although, you gotta change the reflector and lense. But then it's a wow light :thumbsup:

mcw8118

Newly Enlightened
whats the wattage of that bulb. I have the strion bulb which is a 3 volt light also

herbicide

Newly Enlightened
No. G4 lamps are way too big. The Aurora hotwire uses.. (I can't recall the designation - 1.5 something... as in strion(with spacer)/TL-3/1499) but you will need to replace the reflector and lens (and the socket, as per the kit).

Last edited:

Sprinkles

Newly Enlightened
No - don't let this die. I've been looking for the Aurora mod too, but like others, no luck.

I'm working on a "work-around" for it, but it's a little sketchy, and I'm running into snags here and there. But...I think there's still hope!

If anyone has more info - please share.....